Where is AF?!

kmpreston

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to posting here but have been reading posts for the last few years. My husband and I have just started TTC.

I like to think I have a good understanding of how the body works (biology degree, science teacher) but my own body now has me baffled.

I stopped taking microgynon at the start of July and had my period from the 12th, meaning I should have ovulated around the 26th and AF should have arrived between 10th and now.

Now I expected a bit of irregularness having just stopped the pill but this is now getting weird. I have had minor cramps almost constantly for a week but no sign of my period. I feel nauseous, boobs hurt and can't stop peeing so thought maybe I am pregnant. Nope. Wondered if maybe I was ovulating late so did a test. Still nope. So why am I so sore!

Has anyone else had a long delay for their first period after the pill?

it can take a while to get right after stopping the pill hun x

Oh I know I expected it to be a while I just didn't expect to feel like I was getting my period for a week when I'm not, didn't expect this much discomfort. I'm now getting a faint line on ovulation tests so maybe I didn't ovulate when I should have?

Right my period is now 7 days late. Definitely not pregnant, not ovulating and no discomfort or signs of period coming. How long do I leave this before speaking to my doctor? Last time I stopped the pill (4years ago) they suspected i had PCOS but never confirmed it because I went back on the pill and my symptoms stopped.

I promised myself 2 months to get AF naturally. I had the same problem last time I came off. I didn't get AF for 8 months. I went back on the pill after tests had been done & pcos was confirmed. No cysts, but hormonal imbalance and no ovulation. I've just stopped the pill again, same one as you! And I am expecting AF in a week or so. I did get a positive opk on CD17, but I understand people with pcos can get false positives so I'm not holding my breath! I've been feeling rotten since coming off the pill tho, classic pregnancy symptoms from day 1! It might be worth asking your gp to test your hormone levels as they are atm to see whether the pill is still causing some disruption. They wouldn't refer me earlier than 6mths for further testing last time. I'm hoping that as I have a history of anovulation and confirmed pcos that they won't wait as long this time. The best they gave me when I was referred was advice to lose weight :( which I have been doing & hopefully it's helping xx

Ye that was my concern - that they would just tell me to lose weight and come back in 6 months. though in fairness I am 2st lighter than last time at 12st now so I would be a bit miffed if that was their only response. Last time I got referred for an ultrasound but they never actually sent me an appointment, just a letter saying I have missed it! Will see if I can get in this week

They did tell me that if I lost 10% then they would try me with Clomid. That was a few years ago though. I had not long recovered from an eating disorder and couldnt lose weight healthily, which is why I went back on the pill :( I've almost reached my 10% now & I'm hoping that it kick starts my cycles naturally. The tests I had done before were awful and most of them were simply to rule other causes out. Thankfully they all came back normal, it was just my hormones being off. They assumed weight loss would help, but it may not have. Good luck with your GP xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->