Where is my baby belly : * (

Ele3085

Reaction score
It has been well over a year since we have been trying to have a baby . It seems everywhere I look I am seeing teeny babies and/or huge baby bellies , not to mention all the girls in his family are pregnant/just had one , or are pregnant again . It is beyond heartbreaking to see everyone around me get to have the one thing I have wanted all my life . I have tried all the tricks , but nothing has worked . Does anyone have any unknown tricks , advice or suggestions to make my baby belly a reality instead of just a dream?

Thank you for listening : )

Hi Ele,

I don't have any hints or tips unfortunately but just wanted to say I know how u feel! I've been TTC number 2 for 6 months now and I thought it would be easier this time around since I already have 1 DD but it's not. Everyone I knew who had a baby at the same time as me have either already had other children or are pregnant again. Every month when AF comes I feel just as devastated as I did first time! It took us 6 months to conceive our first so I'm hoping 6 is our lucky number. Have u been to see your dr if u have been trying over a year? Yeh had some tests done just before I conceived last time due to very irregular cycles and it may just be a coincidence but I fell pregnant 2 days after the dr told me all my tests showed no problems. I think it made me relax as I was so worried I might not be able to fall naturally due to my irregular cycles and then almost instantly it happened. I have everything crossed for u x

I know exactly how you feel, hun. I had lost three babies in a row and then suffered from secondary infertility for unknown reasons. They could only speculate that I had bad eggs, low progesterone, the babies had chromosome problems, etc. The list went on and on with no one reason pinpointed why we kept losing our babies. After my third miscarriage I was unable to become pregnant for a while. It was like my body shut down on me. I wouldn't ovulate. I felt like I couldn't do what I was born to do and it made me depressed especially since it seemed like everyone around me was pregnant.

I suggest maybe you try BBT charting, if you haven't already, and see if you are, in fact, ovulating. The girls on here are pros at charting and would be able to help you if you have any questions but it is a fairly straight forward process. You simply use a thermometer and take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed and chart it on a graph. Fertility Friend is what I use but there are others too. If you are ovulating that would be one point in your favor. If not, you could always go to your doctor - you're going to need one anyways if you do get pregnant - and he/she should give you medicine to help you ovulate.

Charting would help you pinpoint your ovulation too so you can DTD at the right times during your cycle. It may just be that you aren't DTD at the right time (not everyone ovulates at the same time every month) or it could even be that your partner doesn't have a high sperm count. I suggest both of you take folic acid daily. This would help the quality of your eggs and him increase in sperm production. Have him go at least a full week before you DTD to build up :sperm: also. You could try drinking raspberry tea (the herbal not the flavored) and that is supposed to help fertility. One last natural remedy I can suggest is taking 81mg of baby aspirin once a day to increase the thickness of your uterine lining. It could be that your eggs are getting fertilized but there isn't enough lining for them to implant.

Good luck!

Thank you both , I will take any suggestions with gratitude : )

I also heard taking mucinex helps thin my cm , and using preseed at the same time helps them get there easier , as well as trying everyday , but others say only try every other day(I'm not sure who to listen to). I've been using babymed to figure out my ovulation and I have from tomorrow until the 13th for my baby window . If the mucinex is supposed to help , when do I take it and how often

Thank you : )

Every day is fine if your guy is under 40 and has healthy sperm. Every other day is generally more recommended because it gives the sperm plenty of time to recoup. It is only necessary though if your guy is older or has sperm count issues.

I know exactly how you feel. My cousins can all get pregnant at the drop of a hat- most did in their teens or early 20's. I was the good girl and decided to wait till I was sure I'd found the right guy and other than being overweight I m very healthy but I cannot get pregnant easily at all. The one time I was it was very messed up and makes me doubtful if I ever will again.

I personally don't know how much longer I can force my self to keep trying.

Good luck. It is so hard seeing others pregnant / friends baby bellies etc.

The others have given some great advice.

It feels good to know that we have other people going through exactly what we're going through eh! It's hard to talk to friends about because I don't want them thinking I'm crazy lol. If I hear one more person say 'just relax, stop trying and it will happen' I think I'll explode 😐. It's easy for them coz they just look at their partners and fall pregnant but it's not that easy for everyone! My DH has a very low sex drive and seems to think that DTD a couple of times a month will result in pregnancy. Trying to convince him otherwise is a real pain in the ass lol x

I actually cannot take most herbs that are recommended- it messes with my cycle in negative ways. I ovulate fine, I have a healthy LP, I produce good CM- the biggest issue with my conceiving is my guy has low sex drive so we just weren't having sex but once a month on average and if I pushed for more he would be unable to finish the job. Since going back to TTC we are doing at home insemination and hoping that is the ticket for us.

I already temp track and do recommend it for pretty much everyone. I also use opks but those are hit and miss and I definitely recommend it over opks for confirming ovulation. I know a ton about TTc as I am a research junkie.

Thank you Tess!!
It is nice to know I am not the only one who knows how darn infuriating it is to hear that also! The one people like saying to me(especially his pregnant sisters) is "you have plenty of time" I always want to tell them , well that is easy for you because you already have one , they really don't get it , because it happened so quickly for them . And the response I usually have for those who say "try not to think about it" Try not to think about breathing or eating . My guy is a bit younger then me , while he is on board to have a baby , he doesnt understand why I am so anxious for it to happen right now

cppeace ,

I heard about the at home insemination as well , they were saying if he has lazy swimmers(which due to his certain hobbies , he does) at home insemination would help get those swimmers closer to where they are supposed to end up without getting "lazy" Besides raspberry tea , mucinex and preseed , I have been suggested to try chaste berry and evening prime rose oil . but unsure really . I have from tomorrow until the 14th as my baby window , I want it to happen so badly this time . I did try the ovulation sticks a few months back , the paper sticks were a bit confusing so I had to get the digital ones , they did show when I was ovulating . I never got into tracking my temperature though , it is always lower then the normal 98.

Ele3085 - I am so sorry for your struggle.

We did everything all the forums said not to do or wouldn't work. We dtd every day, sometimes 2x a day (morning and night). Afterwards, I always put my tush on a pillow and elevated my feet in the air. I slept with socks on to keep my body at a warm temperature for baby to have optimal environment for catching.

I'm gonna try some pineapple or aspirin to try and thin the uterine lining a bit to see if can help with easier implantation. I won't be doing anything else different though. I ovulate just fine so I don't wanna mess that up lol

Congratulations on your early Christmas gift ttcfirstovr30 : ) , how long had you been trying ? Were you taking anything to help conceive
Pineapple juice , or the actual fruit . Would trying all this stuff together(mucinex/preseed/aspirin/juice or fruit) help more or go against each other?

Well, shouldn't mix aspirin and pineapple as they both are types of blood thinners, Basically pineapple has a chemical in it that boosts blood flow to the uterus and thins the lining a little, Its prolly Why I have such a clot free AF this time. I didn't eat much of it post ovulation though so it wasn't used correctly last cycle.
And it has to be actual fresh pineapple, not juice and not canned- cooking it destroys the positive chemical in it.

Thank you Tess!!
It is nice to know I am not the only one who knows how darn infuriating it is to hear that also! The one people like saying to me(especially his pregnant sisters) is "you have plenty of time" I always want to tell them , well that is easy for you because you already have one , they really don't get it , because it happened so quickly for them . And the response I usually have for those who say "try not to think about it" Try not to think about breathing or eating . My guy is a bit younger then me , while he is on board to have a baby , he doesnt understand why I am so anxious for it to happen right now

I know exactly what u mean!! It's infuriating isn't it? They must think that will make us feel better but it just makes us worse! It's like I don't want to have plenty of time, I want it now lol! Yeh my hubby is the exact same. He's always like aw it'll happen don't worry but I'm like it won't bloody happen if we don't DTD more regularly! :|

I'm also really glad to see a couple of you also have partners who aren't up for DTD all the time coz that's sort of got me down too. Like when I know I'm about to O I get anxious about convinced him it's time to get on it asap! I read other ladies on these forums saying make sure you have sex every day of your fertile period but I know I could never convince DH to do that. Unfortunately for me we conceived DD one month where we only DTD once so he's convinced once is enough. Just need to make sure it's timed perfectly x

They can say that because they are younger . I got that exact saying(It'll happen when it happens) from him last night actually . You lucked out with your first . We have been trying since August 2015 , and seeing all the girls in his family have babies and constantly saying they want another....I hate to admit it , but it has made me a bit bitter : ( because I have wanted a baby since I was 10 , I'm beyond ready for it to be my turn to share happy news with everyone . I was thinking of just trying everyday , it couldn't hurt . Do you remember any things you tried with your first , are you having your husband take anything to help on his side?

They can say that because they are younger . I got that exact saying(It'll happen when it happens) from him last night actually . You lucked out with your first . We have been trying since August 2015 , and seeing all the girls in his family have babies and constantly saying they want another....I hate to admit it , but it has made me a bit bitter : ( because I have wanted a baby since I was 10 , I'm beyond ready for it to be my turn to share happy news with everyone . I was thinking of just trying everyday , it couldn't hurt . Do you remember any things you tried with your first , are you having your husband take anything to help on his side?

I know exactly how you feel. I remember being very jealous of all my friends getting pregnant so easily first time around as there were 6 of them who all fell pregnant instantly! I think it's natural to feel a bit bitter about it. 6 months is no where near as long as you have waited but at the time it felt like a lifetime.

Nope he took nothing different but I took a pregnancy vitamin which I am taking again this time. I literally just used the OPKs and temped to pin point O and then would tell hubby exactly when he had to do it. We only had sex once the month we were successful and it was 2 days before O. If you partner is happy to try every day then I would defo say go for it haha! I would do that too if DH would but he works really long shifts with very early starts so I always get 'I'm far too tired' which is why we don't DTD as often as I would like x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->