where is your baby going to sleep?

They advise 6 months before they are in there own room to prevent cot death
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/HavingABaby/AfterTheBirth/DG_4002876

I live with my mum at the moment so my babies cot is going into my room and the moses basket which he will be in for until he grows out of it, but i deffo will be getting him used to sleeping in his own bed/cot in his own room as soon as i get my house as i think this helps prepare baby for when hes older. but thats just my opinion do whatever you feel is best honey your babies mummy you know them best!

They do say that babies should be kept in the same room as you for the first 6 months, but not many people stick to this.

Baby will be in room with me because we only have the one room. If we had our own place, i'd proberly keep her in with me for the first 3/4 months then put her in her own room.. thats a sensible age to me.

Everyone is different and everyone does what they feel is best x

My first son went into his own room as soon as he had one at 4.5 months. This one will likely be with us longer since he doesn't have his own room and I don't want him constantly waking up my first son since they're going to be sharing a room. It's personal preference and your midwife shouldn't be trying to force her preference on you!

Our LO will be in our room. His cot is in our room, the only reason is we don't have a nursery, and I don't want to put him straight into our boys room, as they have school and LO would wake them up every few hours. Lol. xox

We have Evan's crib set up in his own room and that's where he's gonna sleep from birth. I figure if we kept him in the bedroom with me and DH, it'll be too difficult to get him to sleep in his own room when he's older.

we are having our baby in our room in his cot feet to foot of course

I honestly don't understand how being in the same room with you for six months will prevent cot death. Maybe that is just me. James will be going into his room straight away. He is directly accross the hall from us and we will have monitors.

We have pets that don't have access to his room and think it will be "safer" for James to sleep in his room as I would be afraid the cats might try to smuther him during the night.

thankyou for sharing your thoughts with me, im glad that there is a differnce of oppinions. shows that it is just personal choice. i think we will have baby with us until he grows out of moses basket and then move him into his own room. mw made me feel stupid for thinking this but at least i know now shes the stupid over oppinionated one! xxx thankyou :)

I am keeping my little one in our room for the first couple months, then will be putting him in his crib in his nursery after that.

Moses basket in our room till he out grows it then in his room although if i dont feel ready Oh will be moving the cot :blush:

We were planning on doing EXACTLY the same :S:S:S strange little lady. surely its better to have the baby in its own room not being disturbed by us if we get up to go to the toilet or if we want to watch the TV etc!!?? we were going to get one of those video monitors, surely thats safe enough?? Think shes just one of these people who think her was is the best way, and even if it was surely as your new parents and she is already a parent she shouldnt act discusted she should just advise you on the facts and NOT her own opinion!!! grrrr.....

glad to see im not the only one
who's put or is putting baby
in there own room after birth

cheers girlies
:hugs:

xx​

have there been no difficulties with your baby being in her own room from day 1? becuase to be honest that it what i assumed we would do to start of with but not many people seem to but im glad to hear you have. its great to hear that im not alone with my oppinions and thoughts. xxx

none at all ... baby monitors pick up
every sound and movement perfectly

i would find it uncomfortable being
intimate with a baby in room as
would my oh ... that was another
factor towards it ...

and tbh it saves me struggling to try
and move her into her own room later
plus when she moans she goes back
to sleep in her own room if she could
see us she would consitantly want to
get up and i need my sleep and oh
needs to be up for work early ...
shes a total attention seeker lol

she still feeds regularly (bottle feed)
if she needs something done she
lets us know ... her rooms only across
literally opposit ours it takes me
2 secs to get to her ...

i cant see the huge advantage to
having a baby in your bedroom other
than for the parents reassurance ..

:hugs:
xx​

Same as a lot of you... LO will be in our room for 4 months minimum-6 maximum... the longer you keep them with you, the hardest it is for them to be independant, plus we need intimacy with hubby and I hope by 6months our lil man will have a bedtime routine!! xx

Baby will be in our room in his moses basket until he grows out of it, then we will decide whether to put him in his room in his cot, or bring his cot through to us. The cot is a little big to be in our room with our furniture etc, so the other option is his travel cot.

Ideally I would like him in our room for the 1st 6months, but if its not possible then we will have him in with us for as long as possible.

Your MW does sound very opinionated. Do what feels right for you, your OH and your baby. Someone will always be doing something different to what you are, so don't feel bad about what you do.

Cx

Elyse sleeps in her crib in my room due to lack of space.. if I had a room for her to have a nursery/room of her own, she'd be in it. Sometimes she sleeps in my bed for the first part of the night if she's fussy then I put her in her own bed, sometimes she's in my bed for the end of the night if I'm really tired so I can stay in bed longer.

A friend of mine (a midwife) found that she had to put her baby in another room within weeks - because she (friend) couldn't sleep as was constantly listening out for the LO and never settling herself.

Phoebe went in her own room when she was 2 weeks old. We did have her in with us but she was getting disturbed by us turning over in bed and would only sleep for an hour at a time. Since she has been in her own room she sleeps 9pm to 5am and loves it, it worked out much better for us all. I must admit at first I was a bit nervous doing this but we do have the baby monitor on so we can hear her and we always check on her before we go to bed.

If we have anymore children they would go in their own room from birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->