where to put him to sleep in the evening

isil

Reaction score
this might be a really stupid question and maybe I should've been doing this for ages...but if I'm aiming for Alasdair to sleep say 7-7 eventually, should I put him up in his cot at 7? In the day he power naps at the moment, so I don't really see the point in putting him upstairs (he tends to fall asleep in his car seat/bouncy chair or on his play mat). But because I expect him to (and he does) sleep for a good 4-5 hrs at 7, should he be upstairs? I've just been keeping him with me til now...but I think we need to get into a bed time routine more maybe. We've just been given a VERY posh video monitor. So I think I'd feel okay not having him with me...I think....:lol:

Id defo try & put Alasdair in his cot at 7. Try a bath, bottle, burb, bed routine

Im the same with Maya about her naps. I let her sleep where ever she drops which is usually the bouncy chair but bedtime she's into the cot at 7pm without a doubt even if she takes ages to settle

you're so much more organised than me! I can't lift his bath without it making my c-section scar hurt (so annoying!) so he rarely has a bath in the evening as OH is always at work. I'd like to do it as part of his routine though...
okay. well tonight (if he actually bothers to wake up and feed :confused: ) he can go in his cot!

Ohh didnt realise you had a c-section!! Dont you go lifting any bath missy!!!

Ive actully stopped bathing her in the evening. I find shes really grouchy in the evening & she then goes mental in the bath. I top & tail Maya, read to her then bottle. I like to bath her in the morning :)

you READ to her already?!?! You are possibly the best Mum ever...Ally just likes to watch TV and look around. I did try to read to him once and he wanted to sit up and look at his favourite corner (I have no idea why it's his favourite corner). I have a degree in english and was training to be a teacher...I really should be better at this reading to them thing.

I think my csection scar should really be fine for heavy lifting now - it's just being awkward!

We put Hannah in her own bed around 8:30 (sometimes a bit later depending on how many naps she's had during the day), get her up around 10-10:30 and dream feed her, than let her sleep until she wakes again (anywhere between 3-5 a.m.). Works out nicely because than we get some alone time :D

I was thinking this the other day but i think i would be up and down the stairs all evening and my knees couldnt sope. We just put Tabs in her buggy lying down or on the sofa we dont use in the evening until we go up. She does have a tendancy to choke violently so i wouldnt be comfortable yet :-(

We live in a small (very small) apartment so even when Hannah is in her room I can hear her when she wakes up :)

you READ to her already?!?! You are possibly the best Mum ever...Ally just likes to watch TV and look around. I did try to read to him once and he wanted to sit up and look at his favourite corner (I have no idea why it's his favourite corner). I have a degree in english and was training to be a teacher...I really should be better at this reading to them thing.

I think my csection scar should really be fine for heavy lifting now - it's just being awkward!

Lol I do indeed read to her. I started at 2 weeks old :blush:

I just love books & want her to inherit my love of reading. I know she doesn't understand but I figured if she has books around her from early on then she'll think it's the norm to read alot :)

We're in the middle of the Nutty Nut Chase at the moment!!

We dont have a routine for bedtime but I keep thinking we must start soon. ATM she just sleeps where she drops off usually her moses basket which is in the living room during the day and we carry her up to out room in it when we go to bed

From around 2 months, I started puting Kyle up to bed between 7 and half past, after a bath bottle and some soft singing, and in no time he was going down at 7, dream feed at 11 and sleeping until half 4..this gradually got longer until he was sleeping 7-7 at 4 months. I do my best to always put him down awake in his cot too, so he knows how to fall asleep on his own.

And this might sound a bit cruel, but on the days where OH isn't in to help me lift his (we only have a shower) I make sure the kitchen is warm and put him in the sink, he seems to be equally as happy in there as the bath.

that doesn't sound cruel at all! I've put Ally in the sink before but he really hates it. He likes to have the water completely surrounding him and he's too big to do that in the sink.

Well I've tried to put him down but his routine has been a bit messed up and he's been really awake in the evenings and I go to sleep when he goes to sleep after his last feed now. He just likes to sleep more in the mornings, but he catnaps on and off all morning so I'd be up and down all day if I put him in his cot now.

that doesn't sound cruel at all! I've put Ally in the sink before but he really hates it. He likes to have the water completely surrounding him and he's too big to do that in the sink.

Well I've tried to put him down but his routine has been a bit messed up and he's been really awake in the evenings and I go to sleep when he goes to sleep after his last feed now. He just likes to sleep more in the mornings, but he catnaps on and off all morning so I'd be up and down all day if I put him in his cot now.

Keep up with some sort of evening routine and it'll soon come together,do the same thing early evening each day even if he doesnt go to sleep straight off,he will soon understand whats going on.
Tabs sleeps downstairs until we take her up when we go up but we have started on the laying her on the sofa,tuck in and get her to sleep on her own and she has done it some nights!! WOOHOO this is the baby who we thought had to be held to sleep.
If she grumbles we pick her up ntil she is calm again then put her down again...sometimes takes 30 mins for her to be calm again but have to stick with it.

Bedtime is the only routine I have. I bathe at 7pm,then massage,dress,lullaby and sleep by 7:45 or 8pm. During the day he runs the show!

Bedtime is the only routine I have. I bathe at 7pm,then massage,dress,lullaby and sleep by 7:45 or 8pm. During the day he runs the show!

LOL Sounds like Tabs too. I seriously didnt think babies could be like this before i had her. I though babies slept easily etc.

So do you think we made our babies this way by our behaviour with them? or is it just them? Just a thought especially the 30 mins cat naps and demanding behaviours.

Im slowly 'breaking' Tabs lol

I don't think there is anything a mummy can really do sometimes. After all, you can't really dictate what they do in the womb and they're born with funny habits sometimes.

It's funny because whenever I buckle Ally up (pushchair or carseat) he falls straight to sleep very contentedly....if only the cot had a buckle!

I don't think there is anything a mummy can really do sometimes. After all, you can't really dictate what they do in the womb and they're born with funny habits sometimes.

It's funny because whenever I buckle Ally up (pushchair or carseat) he falls straight to sleep very contentedly....if only the cot had a buckle!

:rofl: im thinking you should get some reins and just buckle him in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"