Where's my baby? :(

<3 thank you ladies. My scan wasn't till 7pm (it's 11 now) and I've been so rushed off my feet but wanted to come and update you all (and for any distant future visitors to the thread)
She had barely got the scanner on my belly and about 5 seconds later she said "there's your baby and there's the heartbeat". I was just stunned!! :) I was so scared and dejected going in. She didn't even need to do internal.
I'll upload a picture in a minute so you can see, but (although the picture was a lot more grainy than transvaginal) there was the yolk sac, and a whacking great baby right next to it that was about the same size as the yolk sac! Flickering away. I shed a little tear, and she called my husband into the room to see, I had asked him to wait outside with our son in case it was bad news and I got upset.

So, of course I feel amazing. She did say the baby was measuring around 4 days behind, which is just not possible unless I got my BFP at 4DPO... But I have updated my mental timeline by putting it 3 days back but we'll hopefully get a better idea at the 12 week scan. So I'm now 6+2, and while I wish the baby weren't measuring small, obviously I'm walking on sunshine that it's alive and got a good heartbeat (she didn't say how much just that it was good and I DID NOT ASK - I have had way too much information so far and done too much googling! I know if she told me a heartbeat I would've convinced myself by now that it's too slow etc).

Thank you all for listening to my anxious venting. I am still being cautious about this as we all are in first tri, but it's cautiously optimistic now... Within 5 days we went from a yolk sac + nothing on a transvaginal to a yolk sac and big blinking baby on an abdominal. <3

Bean sitting on top of the yolk sac

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 19
what wonderful news!! I'm reading this in happy tears :hugs: congrats!! Wishing you the happiest and healthiest 9 months.

When can you usually see the heartbeat? I have my first appt on the 19th so I'm curious.

Excellent news Talia!! Hopefully it will take the edge off your worrying :) You will still worry, we all do, but now you know there is a baby growing nicely inside you.

Like I said about measuring behind, my baby measured almost a week behind at both my early scans and I k ew it couldn't be but by the 12 week scan baby had caught up :)

Take as long as you can basking in the knowledge of little one happily inside you :) I am really happy for you!!

Thank you so much to all of you! Means so much having you all to vent/cry to! <3
Ftm2017, it's usually between 5.5 and 7 weeks x good luck on the 19th!

Congrats Talia! So happy for you. We also had our scan yesterday and saw hb too! She told me I was about a week behind (like you completely impossible!) but the nurse I saw after said it's common to be inaccurate at this stage so will check again at 12 week scan, glad things are all good for you! Xx

Congratulations I'm so glad all is well. My early scan was measured wrong too, it's because they are so tiny. I was put forward a week yesterday. 2 weeks ago was 6+3 and now 9+3. I hope that your anxiety eases a little now you've seen a heartbeat. X

just wanted to post some input.. with DD I knew exactly my conception date and like you I was 8dpo when I got my first faint positive and if my dates were pushed back any it would have been unrealistic to get a bfp that early..

however, she measured 3 days behind at every ultrasound! She was just a small baby and only 6lbs 13 oz when she was born. So while it seems impossible for our dates to be off at all, the baby can still just be a small healthy little bean!

this pregnancy we only dtd once so based off of those dates i'll be 10w tomorrow, according to LMP I should be 11w and according to the ultrasound I had a few weeks ago I should be 9w4d - so again this baby is measuring small too, but I know differently - as do you <3

hope all is continuing to go well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"