Where's that "gut" feeling of mine?

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
I've heard everyone say that they have had a "gut" feeling or "mommy instinct" on whether they were having a boy or girl..

I must still be too early to have these feelings because I seriously have NO clue at all!

I either knew, or didn't. With this one I really don't have a strong feeling either way. With my 1st and 4th I just knew they were boys. The middle 2, not so much.

I've had a gut feeling since before I even knew I was pregnant. I had a dream that I had a daughter and the dream told me her name and everything (A name that I don't recall ever hearing before, I might add), Whether my gut is right or not, well I still have a few weeks before I can find out. Honestly, I'm not sure that I like having this feeling, because although I'll be happy either way, I'm sure I'll be disappointed to some extent if we end up blue instead of pink! and if I feel that way, I'll also feel very guilty for that feeling!

But if it does turn out to be a girl, at least I don't have to go name hunting :happydance:

I have always thought I would have a boy first and then a girl like my mom did, but I just don't know!

My gut has been wrong both times. I was SURE my first was a girl. Nope, all boy. Was sure my second would be a boy. (My husband had the gut instinct of girl. He even made a bet with me.) She's a girl.

So even if you do get the 'gut feeling', sometimes your gut is just FLAGRANTLY WRONG.

well DH is so sure this is a boy, but I'm like "you just want a boy so badly first that you just feel like its a boy for that reason"

my mom and a few others swear its a girl because I'm not sick, but everyone is different and ive known tons of people that weren't sick with boys. My mom was really sick with my brother and with me had no clue she was pregnant that is why she thinks girl.

I'm just over here like I have no idea what it is. My motherly instincts must suck :haha:

I haven't had any gut feelings yet, no preference either. My husband had a dream a couple nights ago that the doctor told him it was a boy and he woke up sad and disappointed. We'll know for sure in a week tho. So hopefully if it is a boy he'll get over his disappointment by the time the baby comes.

I know he was a boy. I dreamt it so many times. Even had a dream I painted my car blue to match him.

PS........i wasnt sick either at 5 weeks. At 6 weeks exactly I had my head in the toilet until week 16.

I knew for sure with 1 and 2. With 3 I really thought girl and was wrong! And this time no instinct as all as of yet xx

Lol.. not too sure about gut feelings, but I have been told (an oldwives tale of course) that if its a girl then your belly will be round and if its a boy your belly will be a little pointed. I guess we will have to wait til we start showing for this one!

I suck at knowing what I'm having! I was convinced dd1 was a girl-correct. Convinced dd2 was a boy-wrong!

This time I kept my mouth shut on my 'gut feeling' :haha:

I was certain i was carrying a boy first time round. I dreamt of baby boys & was drawn to boys clothing. Everyone told me i was having a girl & indeed it was a little lady. No idea this time round although have had one dream about a boy so well see! x

Agree with the other poster. MS has a way of sneaking up after the 6 week mark. I was violently ill with my DD from 6 weeks until labor!
This time nausea is beating me down and Im 11 weeks now. Guess only time will tell.

I definitely knew I was having a girl with my DD. This time Im totally unsure.

I have a gut feeling I'm having a girl....I don't really know why and I'm usually wrong when guessing about pregnant friends and family but I Can't wait to find out if I'm right in about 6 weeks time!

With my first I had an overwhelming urge to decide on a girl's name before I even knew I was pregnant. And she is a girl! With this one, I keep thinking girl, but that could just be because I am used to having a girl now. I don't have the same overwhelming sense at all.

I knew my first two were boys, never even bothered considering a girl's name. This one, I have no idea, I think it's because I want a girl so desperately that it is clouding my motherly instincts! So I have a boy and girl name picked out just in case.

I didn't know what I was going to have but had decided I wanted a boy so knew it would be a girl, if that makes sense! Now I can't believe I wanted a boy!

In my head I "knew" I what I was having with both of mine, but I'm thinking reality is probably I was "hoping" more than knowing... As this time I have no clue! I'm not bothered either way but a girl would be easier as everything is pink! But as for intuition I'm clueless. I'm gonna guess boy tho... Just because of "sods law" lol x

What's sods law?

Dh really wants a boy and I do too for him I'll be happy either way as this is my first and not my last god willing. So idk if that's making me unsure or what!

It's a bit like your "Murphy's law" but a bit broader so rather than limited to "what can go wrong will go wrong" it's also extends to things like "what ever would be the easiest option, it will be the other" lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->