Where's the judgement book???

Imi

Reaction score
Is there some rule stated somewhere that if your a single mother you have to be scrutenized more than you average family??? Cause if there is i wanna read the rule book!!

My daughter has been in hospital twice in a week due to what could be a lactoise intollerance and ezema ... the poor might also has a viral infection, so much so she's hardly slept and you can proberbly understand that i got quite upset too .... seeing your child like that when they can't do anything and neither can you kinda upsets you and people should understand that right?? WRONG!!!

I have had the health visitor on the phone TWICE ... apparently she has been told im over anxious, freatfull and "un-able" to cope!! im fuming (must admit sitting here crying more than anything because that allergation is totally untrue, upsetting and unfounded) Ever since i've had maddie i haven't found it hard and i've carried on with my normal life LOVING everyday and every moment spent with my daughter ... not sat at home blubbing on the sofa cause i can't deal with her ... she's a perfectly well behaved child ... She never cries!!!!

This has come from a bitchy nurse on the childrens ward who should in reality be a decendant of adolf flaming hitler ... he was proberbly more curtious in his day than she is now ... and a damned site more polite, if your gonna send people to the slaugher at least have the decency to let them know first...

Im starting to realise that single parents get scrutenized more than you arverage 2.4 "perfect Family" ... unfortunatly most of us didn't pick to be on our own with our children ... but extreamly gald we have them anyway, Do people out there really think that we wouldn't love to be with the fathers of our children and be "one big happy family"? do they honestly think this is the way we have chosen to bring up our children on our own?? NO WE DON'T BUT WE DO ANYWAY BECAUSE WE LOVE THEM!! and once upon a time we loved the person who concived that child with us.

I got rejected and left with maddie but i don't regret having her at all ... but what i do regret is not standing up for myself sooner.

Yes i maybe a single mother, yes i may get a little upset sometimes but she is my daughter and i worry ... if i didn't social services couldn't get to my door quick enough!!

All this is making me wonder weather i am a good mother and if i am doing the right thing by my little girl ...

Or is me handing her over to the "perfect" 2.4 family something i should have thought about??

Well i have news for those so called "professionals" those 2.4 "perfect" familys arn't all they are cracked up to be either ...

So try leaving those of us who can cope alone, and go and look for those children your negecting that are actually in trouble and need your help.

Sorry for ranting ...

Imi... :cry:

*********hugs**********
I believe in you, screw the nameless faceless evil nurses and health visitor people.

Wub you xox

I really feel for you pet! I think there are two things that you need to keep in mind in the situation. The first and most important thing is that being so upset over the situation is what is making you a good mother. If you weren't bothered that would be something that *should* raise alarm bells with them. The fact that you are reacting like this is normal and only shows the love and concern you have for your daughter! The second thing you need to keep in mind is that they see children who are in a much worse state everyday of the week so although its a big deal for you when your baby is ill (and believe me I'd be the exact same) they are seeing it a minor problem that you should be calm about. They need to keep in mind that if it was their baby they would react much different but sadly that isn't the way they tend to work. As far as the single mother bit goes I get looks everytime I take my daughter for a check up because I don't have her father's details recorded in her health book. What I have been telling myself is that I know a lot of situations where friends of mine are with the fathers of their children and the fathers really have got next to nothing got to do with the day to day care of the children. I think people who judge are just ignorant and I'm sure someday something will happen to make them realise exactly how insensitive they are!!!

Replied in other section hunny ((HUGS))))))))))

sod them :evil:

Just makes me really mad ... im fed up of people looking down there noses at me and judging!!

Im not a satistic, and im not just a number ... im a 21 year old woman who is more than capable of looking after herself and her daughter ...

Just wish they would go pick on someone that actually needs it!!

aww babe, what a horrible witch, i get frowned upon cos most of the time im out with the kids on my own as darren works niteshift(obv not had it at the mo as he is still off) n they tut at me n go look at her, she must struggle bein on her own.i wud never dream of saying that about any1 so dont c why other people feel the need 2....

Aww ****HUGS****

You are a good mum, sod what these 'professionals' say/think :D

Im a single mum and quite happy. Yes it would be nice if the father was still around but he's not and that wasnt my choice. Sometimes it's better for the child anyway in certain circumstances, but we still get looked down on :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"