Which baby milk

Fiona1973

Reaction score
Does anyone know which mllk you will use with baby if not breast feeding. Or do we make that choice from what they offer our baby in hospital. Been 11 years since had my daughter so can't remember now.

I don't have a clue either hun, I think i'd like to use aptimil if i dont breastfeed but im really stuck on weather to breastfeed or formula feed :/

I have no clue... breastfeeding may not be an option for me
I won't be stocking up on any particular kind though because some babies are sensitive and you might have to try a few kinds.

Not sure if this is a concern in the UK... but I will be picking my first option based on the BPA concerns with formula. Anything in a metal container usually has some exposure to BPA due to the lining they put on the metal. Liquid formulas (ones in metal containers) end up with more of the BPA in them, powders usually get less.
Liquid ones are easier to use of course but more expensive.

I breastfed my son for 6 weeks before moving to formula. I went through most of the brands with my son and in the end he liked Hipp Organic, a lot of the other brands made him consipated.

I will be breastfeeding this bubs but if baby goes onto formula we will start with Hipp Organic, if bubs doesn't take to it we will be working our way through the brands again. x x x

in the hospital they usually give sma in those little glass bottles when you get home if baby dosent get on with it like its not satisfying them then change it but dont change it too often gives em an upset stomach x

You have to just try one and see if your baby is ok on it. I liked Hipp organic.

Not sure this is true but they say aptimil is close to breast milk? Hoping baby catches on the the breast feeding lark this time, DS was to lazy unfortunatly!! I've 11 years between my son and baby too!

I BF to start then moved to aptimal as it said closest to breastmilk. We had no problems. Im going to either use that or possible cow and gate. Both are made at same place but cow and gate is easier to get hold off if im desperatre in the smaller shops. However Dont stock up or anything as your baby may not get on with it

Probably Cow & Gate or Aptimil but what ever suites baby best. We started my daughter on SMA and she was very sicky and windy on it so we changed to C&G and she was fine from then on.

It all depends on what baby prefers. I breastfed to begin with and then switched to sma which made her sick, so switched to aptamil and that suited her fine.

probs going to try BF but if that doesnt work then il try aptimil and work my way through them til i get the right one

I used SMA but DS had lactose intolerance so he ended up on soy milk. And tbh I wouldn't imagine Aptimil is any more "like" breast milk than any other brand! Theyre all pretty similar, its just whichever one your baby gets on with best. Also might be an idea to try a really easily available brand first just for your own ease if you run out and have to dash to the shops. Thats why we chose SMA - we could get it at the 24 hour garage at the end of the road if need be.

i've been told that hospitals now don't give out free babymilk when baby is born, its breastfeeding or you have to bring your own premade milk in! government cuts lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->