which breast pump?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by JayleighAnn, Oct 27, 2008.

1. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Does it matter what kind of breast pump you have?

OH bought a tommee tippee sterilizer with the tommee tippee bottles and I wondered if you needed to use the tommee tippee pump with it? or if other ones will work for the bottles?

2. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

I wouldnt have thought it mattered.

We have bought Tommee Tippee ones too and the breast pump but I also got freezerbags tostore breast milk in so I would think you could decant your milk into bottles or a freezer bag.

Emma.xx

3. elle777

elle777 Guest

i would definately reccomend medela electric pump i used it at the hospital and loved it...i have a manual avent but i dont really like that one personally

4. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

I'm scared of using the electric one lol

5. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

i agree... electric ones seem... like torture devices to me...

but i've heard a lot of good about that one in particular!

6. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

I have a manual medela... I tried the electric at the hospital but didn't like it...

I use the manual every couple hours and have had no issues, its super easy to use for me.

7. KandKsMama

KandKsMama Mom of 3 girls under 4

With older DD I had a advent manual, nursing on demand and pumping right after and every 3 hours if she had a bottle I still lost my milk. This time around I went all out and invested in a medela double electric and love, love, loved it. I still use it here and there to this day if DD is not feeling way and hasn't nurse a lot during the day. Dont be afraid, and if you are hold off on a pump and test an electric out at the hospital

8. shanegem

shanegem Mother of 2

I think different people have their favourite breast pumps. Personally, I couldnt get any out with an electric and bought a tommee tippee maunal, which has been great. But other people prefer electrics. I think its trial and error really I'm afraid.