which dress?

Scally

Reaction score
After my other thread and feeling like i can't go in a bridal shop, i have thought maybe e bay is the way to go? I have found a couple of dresses that end soon, that i love!!!
Which one do u think, dress 1-I am not sure whether the top bit is big enough for my boobs? i have asked the lady what the length is, but she hasnt got back to me yet. It is 80 pound
dress 2- is from Littlewoods returns, its faulty as it has minor creasing? It is 75 pound.
What one do u think? x

Attachments

• wedding dress 1.jpg
    wedding dress 1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 20
  • wedding dress 2.jpg
    wedding dress 2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 22
I like dress 1 better but you need to check out the returns policy on both items as I'd be tempted not to buy anything that might not fit that you then can't return.

Pick up only options near you might be good too, as you can go try it on before you buy - although there is never anything I like near me!

Have you tried shops like TK Maxx? My friend bought a gorgeous wedding dress there.

number 1 is a private seller so no returns policy. number 2 has a 7 day return policy. I cant find any dresses near me to pick up either! lol. OOoooh hadnt thought of t k maxx, will have a look!
Also forgot to mention i have child bearing hips so not sure whether they would hide them?
x

i prefer the first one, i think sleeve/strapless dresses have been done to DEATH.

Have you had a look in Monsoon? They have some beautiful bridal dresses in their new collection xxx

monsoon do nicer dresses but Id choose number 1 x

I would say number one, but what inch are your hips, as the dress assistant at the wedding shop said that that style dress does no favours for those with big hips xx she said aline dresses are better, I still tried on both and she was righ, I have child bearing hips too xx

i prefer the first one, i think sleeve/strapless dresses have been done to DEATH.

The second one does come with straps too, i know what you mean i don't like strapless dresses either x

I would say number one, but what inch are your hips, as the dress assistant at the wedding shop said that that style dress does no favours for those with big hips xx she said aline dresses are better, I still tried on both and she was righ, I have child bearing hips too xx

my hips are 38 inches, i am a size 14 and definitely have an "hour glass" figure, i call them my little ledges, Izzy can sit on them without me holding her much! lol. Might have to steer clear of that dress then, do u think the 2nd one would be suitable with my hips, or would they draw attention to them?

The first one is beautiful!

Hard to say though without trying them on in person. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on!

If you are an hourglass you can wear any shape except boxy (eg drop waisted 1920's dresses are out!) but if you are more of a pear a sleeveless won't do you any favours, nor will an empire line (numbers 2 and 1 respectively). Pears need to add width at the shoulders and possibly bust if boobies are small.

If you are an hourglass you can wear any shape except boxy (eg drop waisted 1920's dresses are out!) but if you are more of a pear a sleeveless won't do you any favours, nor will an empire line (numbers 2 and 1 respectively). Pears need to add width at the shoulders and possibly bust if boobies are small.

What she said :D

You should go for something with a nipped in waist to show off your curves!

I had major issues the first time going to a bridal boutique - I know it's tough - but you should get over your fear. If it will help, get some spanx (the kind that go from boob to knee) to cover you up if you're a bit shy around other women as the shop assistants will help you in and out of the dresses.

Please give it a try at least once before you resign to buying a potentially ill-fitting dress off the internet.

I thought I would end up with a dress like what you've posted pics of above, but have ended up with something quite different - because it flatters me more. Please give the boutiques a try before you rule them out - they will at very least show you what DOES work for your body shape.

Wishing you all the best.

Tx

I agree with them, try something that shows your hourglass figure and makes you look amazing :)
i would steer clear or empire dresses. I am hourglass. but a bit bigger then you. I have a 42 inch bust, 34inch waist and 42inch hips. xx

honestly? Neither :blush:

Im the opposite to yourself and Nuke, im a strapless lover :haha:

Think you should go into Monsoon, Debenhams, John Lewis, BHS....and do a casual try-on

It is such a risk buying your wedding dress without seeing it/feeling it/trying it on...you can still wedding dress shop but without pressure on the highstreet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->