Which is better ttc?

smileyttc

Reaction score
Just curious, what does everyone think is better when coming off BCP or in general when ttc?

Breakthrough spotting and irregular AF cycles or No spotting or AF at all?

I guess I am just trying to figure out which is the better of the two. Coming off BCP I've been experiencing spotting, but I hear so many stories of women going off BCP and not getting spotting or a period at all. It's so frustrating and confusing what it does to our cycles; wondering what it means and what to hope for in getting my cycle regulated.

If you have no spotting or AF your hormone levels may be off or not changing when they should.
At least with irregular AF, you know your levels are changing enough to stimulate lining shed and rebuild, just not on a regular pattern.
Either way you may want to use opks and chart temps since you can ovulate without getting or between very long AFs/spotting etc
The temps will help confirm your opks.
I would prefer to have irregular AF than no cycles at all . JMO:lolly:

I'm not sure which would really be better, as both spotting and absence of a cycle could be frustrating when TTC. It can take up to a year for your body to regulate after stopping birth control. I hope that you get some regularity soon!

I normally have irregular periods when off bcp but ive managed on average to conceive after around 3months and sometimes only having 1 period in that time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"