Which is the BEST tasting formula??

ginab

Mummy to Maggie Mae
Reaction score
Anyone know which is the sweetest/creamiest nicest tasting formula?

ps. administrator please dont put this in formula feeding section as i really need as many replies as possible. Thanks

All tastes of peanuts to me for some strange reason.

Is sweetness realy a deciding factor for what one is best though?

I find SMA tastes like washing up liquid (don't worry the bottles are rinsed properly before sterlising Lol) but LO can't get enough of it, also it does seem quick thick/creamy x

Just out of curiosity why are you wanting the most creamiest/sweetest tasting formula? I haven't tasted any :sick: the smell of all formula makes me feel ill lol! But Aptamil is supposed to be the closest taste and nutritional value to breastmilk x

SMA all the way - especially Staydown (reflux) formula!
Lovely and thick and creamy.
Cow and Gate is like water and has an odd taste - far to sweet and almost grainy?
Hipp organic goodnight milk is quite tasty.
btw - hungry baby sma is VILE.
x

The reason why i ask is because Maggie hates formula ive tried EVERYTHING and she will only drink 10ozs max a day so as you can imagine Im getting a bit worried about so Im now thinking maybe swapping formula and rather than try them all out myself to get other peoples opinions on which is the best tasting.

I've never tasted it, but aptamil 1+ smells like milkshake and has added vanilla... Sorry that isn't much help to you though x

I use HiPP follow on milk, the ready made tastes nice it's the consistency of cow milk and has a sweet taste. The powdered kind tastes horrible and bitter when mixed with cold water. It's different with warm water though it's a little sweet but still slightly bitter and watery. I won't give anything to LO that I haven't tasted myself :blush:
I also have to taste everything to check the temperature.

Aliyah has been on SMA gold and Aptamil comfort and she defiantly prefers the Aptamil x

I always taste their bottle before they have to check the temp as often although the bottle might feel warm the milk coming out of the teat is perfectly cool as its only a fine spray out of the teat.
I personally prefer hipp. It is now thought to be the closest to breastmilk and actually LOs nappies remained very similar after stopping BF at 4 momths and moving to forumla. They had terrible constipation issues with cow and gate, but the hipp has special stuff in to make their poo keep moving and remain similar to BM and really does seem too, so definitely will continue to use this afterBF any future children we have.

Hi hun, if she likes yoghurt, try to offer her more during the day to make up for the dropped ozs & you can also add some formula to her solids. Or you can also prepare some milk or rice pudding using her formula. Milk shakes using some fresh fruits & formula also gives it some sweetness. xx

I heard that the ready-made formulas are supposedly more creamier than the powder versions. Much more costly though!

ok ive bit the bullet and bought some Hipp Organic to try. I tried some today and it tastes Soooo much better than Aptamil so fingers crossed she will drink more of it. Thank you for your replies xx

I found Hipp was totally rank! It was fishy. I use cow and gate sometimes, it definitely tastes more like breastmilk.

I breastfeed but have hipp as backup evan seems to like it (he refused aptimil) tasted it once and thought it was rank personally x

my Lo LOVES aptamil stage 1. he goes mental for it. i can fill him up with solids untill he is full and he wont take anymore but theres always room for a whole bottle of milk no matter how full he is. he loves the stuff its mad lol xx

My LO is on SMA lactose free and it's nice, doesn't have that awful fishy stink to it either :sick:

Lucy is on Enfamil AR which smells awful and going off the smell I can't imagine it tastes too great either, however this is the milk that Lucy needs and she drinks it, I always assumed that babies just drink milk no matter what it tastes like as that's all they know. Although if your at the weaning stage I suppose that's different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->