• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Which maternity pads would you recommend?

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
Im gunna pick up a few of these later, so just wondered if anyone has any recommendations? Preferably the thicker, longer and bigger winged the better :haha:

i have actually been adviced that normal night time sani towels are actually beter and more absorbant. I got some always ones with wings :winkwink: come to think about it i got so many diff types lol. if i dont use them now i can use them later down the line hehehe

Not winged, but I used Boots own last time n got them this time too. Only 99p a pack, and for the amount of time you use each one for I dont see the point in spending more lol.

Always or bodyform ultra night time with wings :thumbup:. Ive used these for my last 3 and will do so this time. They are so comfy(and absorbant) compared to the big bulky maternity ones, I find these so uncomfy and they irritate the insides of my thighs because they are so bulky :nope:. xx

I wouldnt use normal pads, if you have stitches and also if your blood flow is bad like mine, you would fill that pad within 5 secs
I did get mothercare, but i much prefered superdrugs own brand, were brilliant and didnt have to change every half hour like mothercare's xxx

they do say not to use normal pads the first few days coz they mask infection, stiches can stick etc, but from what i have read on here lots of people have without any problems

i just used the standard maternity pads for a few days until bleeding slowed a bit and then used the thinner mat pads with wings - when it slowed more i went onto normal pads

I've bought Mothercares own maternity pads, ultra thick i think they are. They haven't got wings on them though.

think i may get a couple of packs of superdrug ones then for the 1st few days, then get some normal nightime ones for after that. thanks ladies x

I've got the always maxi night ones. How would they mask infection?

I've got about 4 packs of tesco/sainsburys own maternity pads. I'm planning on using them for the first week or so, as the others have said I've heard the thin ones can mask infection and sometimes stick to stitches!

I've also got 2 packs of always winged ultra thin nighttime pads.

If my bleeding is really bad I might use a thin always one, with a thick maternity one on top, it might help stop leakages etc.

I've got the always maxi night ones. How would they mask infection?

I think in that they are a bit too good at absorbing and often have odour neutralisers?? :shrug: Im not 100% sure tbh. xx

I think having to wear a pad is the thing I dread most about the entire pregnancy. Anyone know how soon I can switch to my menstrual cup?

i used tesco own and they were really good and cheap too!

ive just got asdas maternity ones?? dont know what theyre like as i didnt use them with my first think i used boots own?? but i rememeber having one pack and thinking that would be ok and to go onto normal ones after but i couldnt i bled loads (sorry TMI) especially bad when u go to bed and stand up the morning!! i probably used maternity ones for the first 2weeks then normal ones, but i agree with mumof5 they realy rub against ur thighs as theyre like matteresses!! i wouldnt waste alot of money on getting fancy ones Kayleigh, i think mine where like 80p in asdsa. xx

always nightime for me had them with katie as long but not like bricks and very absorbent.

I was told same, not to buy normal pads. I used Tesco's maternity pads, I bled very heavy and I don't think normal pads would have worked but everyone is different. A friend said that she used Tena Lady nappies for the first few days and said they were great. I went to buy maternity pads yesterday and in Norway they don't have ones specific to maternity and was told Tena Lady was what people use over here. So no option but to buy these, although didn't buy the nappies just very large pads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"