which method is most reliable for you for predicting ovulation

xs5

Reaction score
So confused,

bbt seems to be most reliable, but seems user error may factor and will it tell you prior to O or only after?

Opk seems like you can miss the surge if you dont test often enough and questionable results reading.

Cm seems good indicator if you get ewcm, but chart stalking shows me that quite a bit of ladies get almost a week of w/ew flip flopping.

I just dont know!!!!

BBT will confirm O. After a few cycle of doing bbt, if you're regular enough.. you can see a pattern leading up to O. (Perhaps a temp drop just prior to O). Or give you a better idea of the 'time frame' of your fertile period.

IMHO, with combination of OPK + BBT is what I liked and found reliable. Just remember to use opk at around the same time everyday (I do it ~10am .. and NOT with FMU). If I feel like I'm Oing (with watery or ewcm), then I would test again in the evening time to see if it's positive. I use clearblue OPK that show either a blank circle (for -OPK) or a smiley face (+OPK) so I don't have to battle with reading the lines~ It's opk for dummies like me~ :haha:

as for ewcm... it all depends on people. some people have ewcm for few days leading up to O... some people only have watery cm. it really is depend on the individual people. you just need to know your body and read the signs of your own body. :thumbup:

good luck

So confused,

bbt seems to be most reliable, but seems user error may factor and will it tell you prior to O or only after?

Opk seems like you can miss the surge if you dont test often enough and questionable results reading.

Cm seems good indicator if you get ewcm, but chart stalking shows me that quite a bit of ladies get almost a week of w/ew flip flopping.

I just dont know!!!!

BBT is good for telling you when you ovulated but only possible to show this after ovulation has occurred so not good for trying to pinpoint ovulation before it happens.

OPK's are good for showing you your surge, Ive used them a long time and only test once a day from calendar day 10 and never missed my surge and I fortunately have a gradual build up, to optimize you could use twice a day, the down side is you can have a surge without actually ovulating as sometimes your body has a couple of attempts to ovulate maybe things going on so for example when I notice my line starting to get darker I dtd and continue dtd through the positive up until my bbt shows I have ovulated.

Cervical mucus has always been a difficult one for me as I dont get ewcm every month, I do get wet cervical mucus but just not been reliable enough for me but some people who have consistent changes in cervical mucus could find it reliable.

Cervical position I just couldnt get to grips with this so didnt do it.

Personally for my I find the combination of opk and bbt to be really accurate for me, hope you find what works for you xx

I am just so horney when I'm ovulating:devil: (I don't temp or use opk's ) just look at cm and cp. now this is our fist month actually ttc but I am usually so horney around ovulation it's stupid, it's what being a bloke must be like just thinking about sex all day, eyeing up blokes round tescos :rofl:and watching films with hot blokes (twilight...seriously watch it just for the boys lol) so they are my reliable signs! fingers crossed for everyone xxxxx

I use the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. It tells you if your fertility level is low, high & peak days.. But they're pretty expensive..

I find checking my cervical mucus helps too..

Good luck sweetie! :hugs:

I wish it was easy, my OH is all aboard the ttc train, his idea! But reality is he has low sex drive so 3 times in a week is really pushing it, 1-2 is more likely long term. I just want to make the best of those times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->