which milk is best?

dottymouse

Reaction score
just wondering which milk i should use, currently using cow and gate, 1st stage, but baby (4weeks old today) has been very sicky and struggling with going to the toilet, and is very grizzly alot of the time, can i change the milk to a different one, and if so what one is best to give him? thanks in advance for comments

We've tried all the milks and it is trial and error because every baby is different as I'm sure you'll know lol awkward little things :haha:

For Ava, Aptamil was too light and she throws up constantly with it, C&G gave her very bad wind for some reason, Hipp Organic was light again and made her throw up lots.

She's on SMA first and has been for a while I think its a little heavier so she's not as sick on it, it also seemed to help with her silent reflux. SHe does get a little constipated though they've changed the formula slightly so not as much now and I always offer cooled boiled water between feeds.

All the formulas have to meet strict guidelines, they all contain the same nutrients in the same amount of milk they're just slightly different blends.

No one formula is better than the other and tbh none of them are closer to breastmilk than any of the others no matter what anyone tells you or what they might promote :flower: xx

thank you, ill wait till he finishes this tin then try something else. xx

I've got to agree, every formula is different for every baby. My LO didnt get on with SMA and is now on C&G Comfort due to having really bad wind. He's great with this milk now.

Hope you find one that suits your LO better x

My LO was the same way with every formula we tried...until soy. She is not happy and content! Stopped throwing it up, takes it happily. It smells awful but she loves it!

thank you, ill wait till he finishes this tin then try something else. xx

changing wont do any harm even though health visitors tell you otherwise as I say they all contain pretty much the same ingredients I think SMA has slightly more iron and thats why it causes a bit of constipation in a lot of babies x

^Nestle don't sell formula in the UK; our laws are too strict for their dubious practices, this is true nestle tried to sell a hypoallergenic formula here that was not hypoallergenic according to standards here and a baby got really ill from it, when they got busted they just withdrew that product from the market and never tried to introduce formula here again.

To the OP ALL formula in the UK is relatively; pretty similar especially when compared to what is available in other countries so you can try any of the big well known brands, hipp, aptamil or SMA.

summer rain you're my guru on formula lol :flower:

I sacked off that Aptamil I'm boycotting them, she's been brill on SMA Gold! Just started with Follow on now! xx

I would boycott aptamil also; just because they are very unethical (but thats another discussion lol). xx

ha ha yeah you were so right about the medical looking packaging and it made her silent reflux ten times worse and she threw up loads with it, no problems on SMA at all!x

i have taken jayden to docs this morning, and been told its silent reflux, got perscribed gaviscon which has to go in his feeds 6times a day, then if that doesnt work within a week try changing the milk, he suggested aptamil?

i was also wondering if its the bottles/teats, should i try changing these 1st? what bottles does everyone use?

aptamil didnt help with avas silent reflux it made it worse but all babies react differently.

I use Avent bottles and a size 2 teat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->