Which milk to use

flowers1

Newly expecting
Reaction score
I am feeding my LO ebm at the moment but am worried that I might not be able to keep production ahead of him and may have to use formula to supplement. I don't know which one to use though. Someone told me that aptimil was closest to breast milk but there are so many different milks out there it is a bit confusing. Which should i consider and why?

I used Aptamil with Ophelia and never had a problem with it at all.
I cant remember why I started using it,I seem to remember when I was pregnant my midwife mentioned that she had seen people having virtually no issues with it compared to the other milks.
I think most of them nutritionally though are the same thing...
For most people I think its more a case of trial and error as to which one your little one gets on with xxxxx

i feed EBM too, but give a little aptamil every now & then, i picked it as it claims to be the closest to breast milk, and contains immunofortis to help the immune system which i dont think the others have.. Ruby has had no probs switching beween the 2, her poops have changed a little but thats only to be expected...

we went for aptamil with maddi, and have now moved on to the toddler milk and i think it's fab, never had a problem with it, but i no so babies are different so it's often trial and error x x

We bought some Cow and Gate as an emergency measure in case BF didn't work out (which it didn't) and we went from EBM to Cow and Gate at 2 weeks with no problem at all. Also....I was told cow and gate was the closest to BM! Confusing isn't it.

luisa had ebm for near 4 weeks and wen i started introducing formula the mw told me to give her aptimal but she didnt poop on it :( switched to cow and gate and she is happy on that..

every baby is different xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"