Which milk to use

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by flowers1, Sep 1, 2009.

1. flowers1

flowers1 Newly expecting

I am feeding my LO ebm at the moment but am worried that I might not be able to keep production ahead of him and may have to use formula to supplement. I don't know which one to use though. Someone told me that aptimil was closest to breast milk but there are so many different milks out there it is a bit confusing. Which should i consider and why?

2. jen1604

jen1604 Well-Known Member

I used Aptamil with Ophelia and never had a problem with it at all.
    I cant remember why I started using it,I seem to remember when I was pregnant my midwife mentioned that she had seen people having virtually no issues with it compared to the other milks.
    I think most of them nutritionally though are the same thing...
    For most people I think its more a case of trial and error as to which one your little one gets on with xxxxx

3. NIfirsttimer

NIfirsttimer Proud mum, new wife & WTT

i feed EBM too, but give a little aptamil every now & then, i picked it as it claims to be the closest to breast milk, and contains immunofortis to help the immune system which i dont think the others have.. Ruby has had no probs switching beween the 2, her poops have changed a little but thats only to be expected...

4. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

we went for aptamil with maddi, and have now moved on to the toddler milk and i think it's fab, never had a problem with it, but i no so babies are different so it's often trial and error x x

5. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

We bought some Cow and Gate as an emergency measure in case BF didn't work out (which it didn't) and we went from EBM to Cow and Gate at 2 weeks with no problem at all. Also....I was told cow and gate was the closest to BM! Confusing isn't it.

6. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

luisa had ebm for near 4 weeks and wen i started introducing formula the mw told me to give her aptimal but she didnt poop on it :( switched to cow and gate and she is happy on that..

every baby is different xxxx