Which one do I go with?

Kwee

Reaction score
If I type my last period into a due date calculator, it tells me one thing. But if I do the same, type it in but then use a calculator that lets you adjust your cycle length and it tells me something different...which one should I go with?
​
​My last period was the 3rd of September. When I type that into a regular calculator without the cycle adjust, it says I'm due on June 10th. But when I type it in with the cycle adjuster, it says I'm due June 6th. I don't know which one to go with really, but I feel the 6th is a better due date because the info I type in is more accurate and in detail.

I totally forgot I already asked this question...so sorry!:/

Use the one that adjusts for cycle length until you can get an ultrasound measurement.

The dr is going to go off a 28 day cycle no matter what.. so for your purposes you could use the adjustable one but the dr won't.. I even told my dr with my first that I knew the day I ovulated and they told me that they will adjust the due date only if it is more than a week difference on the ultrasound.. other wise they don't even bother changing it for a few days difference..

I always think its best to go with the latest due date as it will give you more chance to go into Labour before drs start trying to intervene. But as the previous posters have said, generally they'll just go by a 28 day cycle unless a dating scan shows a week or more difference on either side.

I agree that it is better to go with a later date. When I was pregnant with my son, I was due July 14th according to my LMP; however, my cycle was a week longer than most. So my due date according to my cycle length was July 21st. Doctors wouldn't go by that. And I was told that if I got to July 21st they would induce. That made me so nervous because I felt that that was my true due date
In the end, all was okay because my son was born on July 8th. But I would have felt much more comfortable with the doctors giving me more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->