• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Which pregnancy test should I take?

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
So, as a chilled out TTCer that doesn't symptom spot, I sure am getting a wave of symptoms along with a late period!

I ovulated around 7th of August, AF was due 20th-21st of August. Nothing yet...

Heres my question.. I've decided to test on wednesday when i'll be about 5 days late.

I'm being silly and wanting to get a FRER and use FMU, but i'd also like to try a digi.

Which would you get? I don't wanna faff around with the cheapies, i dont want any question over the result!

Ideas please?

I got a bfp on a clearblue digital in April with my chemical with a low beta hcg of only 13!! And just this time around I got a bfp with a clearblue digital at 9dpo. They seem to be much more sensitive then advertised, So I would suggest if you want a digital you go with clearblue digital. I've had great luck with them. :) Good Luck!

Oh and as for the regular style HPT I am a firm believer in FRER or I LOOOOVE the Equate brand :)

Can't advise you honey as all HPT's say NO to me :(

Good Luck xx

I have a clear blue digital at home ready and waiting but as they are so expensive ive got some cheapies (like the ones the docs use) and if when i get a BFP on one of thoses i intend to use the CB to confirm it the following morning!! If that make sense to anyone other than me lol :)

Hope you get your :bfp:

Sending lots of babydust your way
:dust::dust::dust:

When I got my BFP (14 days late- I tracked all my cycles yesterday on my calandar and got it on day 42 of a 28 day cycle!) I tried EVERY test out there.

For me personally, I like the dollar store brand. They're only a buck, so you don't feel guilty for testing so much. I know maybe I got defective digis, but for the price, I didn't get a BFP with Clear Blue Digitals until a couples days after I got a bunch with Equate and Dollar Tree (Baby Test lol).

Although, around 11 days late, I took a CB Digi, and it said 'not pregnant.' I, being the POAS addict I am, opened it up and saw 2 strong lines. So, that was kind of a tip off for me. So, I kept testing, and finally a few days later I got it!

And, once I got my BFP (my HCG must have grown overnight) I could pee on anything and get 2 lines. At any time of day. I just peed from morning to night on every HPT I could get my hands on. I just couldn't believe it since I was SO late getting my BFP. (And my HCG ended up being stellar in all my blood tests, so it wasn't an issue.)

So I'll go ahead and stop talking and say: buy a 2 pack of digis (FR has one too now), buy cheapos (because you know if it's negative, you'll keep testing), and good luck!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"