Which temp do I go with?

brandi91

Reaction score
Hey friends.

I have been temping this cycle, but I didn't start until mid cycle, and I always do it at 6:15. My temps have been 96.9-97.2. Today I woke up at 5:45 and took my temp, and it was 97.1 (plus with it being early the adjuster says 97.2). However, when I woke up, I felt really hot. I slept in a sweatshirt and was close to my husband, so I was just super warm. I got up, used the bathroom, and laid back down. Took it again at 6:15, and it was 96.9.

I'm not sure which to go with. If I go with the higher one, it shows O, but with the lower, it takes it away.

I would use the first one. Even if you temped a bit early it would be the more reliable one as you had the most rest.

I would use the first one. I never took mine at the same time in the morning and I would often wake lots during the night as I have terrible insomnia and sometimes wasn't even sleeping for an hour or two before I woke for the day and temped. But even still it was easy to predict ovulation. If you're temping daily over the month (not starting mid-cycle), it should easily be able to pinpoint an ovulation day for you, even if you wake a little earlier or sleep with more or less on, particularly if you're using a proper basal body thermometer (not sure if you are), which can detect really small shifts that might not look like much but can tell you a lot when you look at the overall pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->