Which type of yoghurt should I give?

clarsair

Reaction score
As the title says really! I'm not a yoghurt eater myself and am bewildered by the variety available. Which is the healthiest kind to give LO?

You can try with natural yoghurt first if your lo will eat it :)

I'm not sure about greek, although I'd say from 6 months onwards it would be fine :)

I was told to give full fat natural yoghurt, not petit flous as they contain alot of sugar. however lo wont eat it on its own so i stir in some fruit puree and he wolfes it down xx

I'm teaching my lo to 'dip' her finger fruit into natural yog and she sucks the yoghurt off - its fab. I'll give her pieces of peach/pear etc and she's getting there. She eats it of a pre loaded spoon too. Brand wise I'll only use plum as there's no extra ingredients esp sugar, this means paying more of course, all the cheap yoghurts are full of crap so I pay £1.75 for 6

the higher fat the yoghurt; the better it is for babies, I use turkish suzme yoghurt (like greek yoghurt only thicker and sometimes with added cream though otherwise; its a natural yoghurt) xx

Avoid petit filous like the plague. Yeo Valley/Rachels Full Fat is a good choice

I tried the petit flous natural yoghurt and blended in some fruit, she didnt like it and refused, i ended up giving her the normal petit flous, she loves them and they are so small, full fat are recomended, like they say just dont add any sugar to foods, iv been wondering myself what other yoghurts are for babies, she is fussy and will not have natural, so if anyone has any suggestions i may try them my self :)

It's not true that all Petits Filous varieties contains added sugar.

My LO LOVES Petits Filous 'natural fromage frais' which is plain with no added sugars at all. I wish people would research a bit more before suggesting people put a blanket ban on certain products!

My LO also loves the Plums yogurts and fromage frais. They are usually about £1.75 ish for 6, although Tesco always seem to be doing a '2 for 1' deal on the PF naturals ones.

Laura x

I go for full fat varieties with lumpy bits.

Low fat yogurts tend to compensate with added sugar to make them taste better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->