Which would you go by-OPKs or BBT?

remiandlulu

Reaction score
HI ladies, I was wondering if you could help me rest my mind. This is our 2nd cycle TTC and I have been religiously charting BBT and symptoms with FF this month and half of last. FF gave me a crosshair for O on Nov 8th, which I'm praying was right because we planning all of our BDing around that :) I have also been using OPKs from CD 10 but nothing looked like a promising positive. On the 7th & 8th, it looked medium dark but not a definitely positive? I drink a ton of water throughout the day and urinate frequently, so I"m wondering if I'm just too hydrated for the sticks to work right? Anyways, what would you ladies do? Thanks in advance!:flower:

It looks like a convincing temp shift. If you drink lots and pee lots then the OPKs won't be that accurate. If the were def darker at the right time I'd presume you have ovulated but to be sure either keep doing OPKs or probably easiest is to keep checking CM and bd if it looks fertile.

Do you usually have a 28dayish cycle?

It looks like a convincing temp shift. If you drink lots and pee lots then the OPKs won't be that accurate. If the were def darker at the right time I'd presume you have ovulated but to be sure either keep doing OPKs or probably easiest is to keep checking CM and bd if it looks fertile.

Do you usually have a 28dayish cycle?

Thanks Bean!
I think that my cycle is 30 days, but it may be shorter because I am only of BC since Sept & I think my body is still regulating. I have kept on doing OPKs but defintely negatives from the 8th on. Also around the time I suspected O I had a lot of symptoms, super sore BBs, Watery CM, EWCM, twinges, frequent urination.

Where are you at in your cycle?

Then I say you ovulated. Great that your cycles seem to have regulated quickly post BCP.

I'm on cd8. My cycles have been all over the place since stopping BCP in march. Thought my cycles were improving until I started doing OPKs and temping and found out my LP was only 7-10days. I'm started Agnus castus (vitex) and b complex this month to hopefully sort it out.

Hope you caught that egg! Good luck.

I think that I regulated more quickly this round off bc because I had taken a BC "break" a few months back. The first time I got off the pill was in March of this year. It took 3.5 months to get a period! UGH. Then in July I started NUvaRing. I stopped the ring in Sept because we changed our mind about wanting to wait to try. That time it only took 30 days after withdrawl bleeding to get another real period. :happydance:

Sorry that youre having some trouble regulating, but don't get discouraged! What does vitex do?

I am going to try acupuncture if I dont get that BFP this cycle. I have heard a lot of good things, not just for fertility but many aches and pains.

Good luck! Keep me posted!

Vitex helps regulate hormones. I am also doing acupuncture.

I've read that doctors sometimes put ladies back on the pill for a month or two if their cycles go crazy or don't start after stopping the BCP. Think it's meant to help kick start everything.

Will keep you posted. Will keep stalking your chart. Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->