Whilst we've got time to plan, how are you gona break the news to the Daddy?

frangi33

Reaction score
I'm almost in the 2 week wait period and thinking ahead *fingers crossed* to a positive result at some point in the future.

Has anyone any cool ideas on how they are gona tell their OH they are pregnant? My OH is excited to find out too so I wanted a quirky way of telling him the news - when we hopefully get it.

The attached photo is what I sent my OH when we were pregnant 1st time, I'm thinking of amending it slightly to say 'Second incoming' and text it to him whilst I video his reaction?

Has anyone else got an idea up their sleeve to tell their OH?

Attachments

• incoming.jpg
    incoming.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 8
I've been trying to come up with a cute idea but so far, I've got nothing! With my last pregnancy I had a t-shirt made for my 2 year old son that said "Big brother". Then I put pink and blue balloons all over the house. I put the positive tests in a gift bag and when he came home from work he found the surprises :)

I have brought a West Ham sleep suit to put in a box saying "our bump will be wearing this on....."

Mine made me promise to test when he is there with me, so I imagine it would be something along the lines of me coming out of the bathroom, crying happy tears and saying, "Holy ---!"

I'm really not sure. I used up my amazing idea on last cycle when I had a chemical pregnancy. I'd spent five months gradually putting together this video of one-second clips of our kids to the tune of heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez, Then in the bridge of the song I did some screens with messages about how he's the best dad etc. and we want to share him with someone new, which I followed with shots of the BFP and the kids holding signs number 1, number 2 with number 3 on my stomach. He loved it!!! But sadly I started bleeding four days later.

The next time I will be wary to do a big reveal as I will be worried about another chemical... But I still want to tell him in a nice way. Not sure what to do... Maybe make a crossword and print it out (we like doing them) in the style of the guardian crosswords so he thinks it's a real one (I use graphic design as part of my job) and then have the answers along the top 'charlotte' 'is' 'pregnant'.

Love this thread. 5dpo today. I've come up with (and secretly have pinned) a million ideas to announce to grandparents and family but, none for him. Last month when I tested he was with me so, I'm guessing I too will be one of the ladies coming out of the bathroom crying.

I got an idea when I was talking to my two year old and pointing to my belly telling him, "There might be a baby in there!" He pulled up my shirt over my belly and poked at it and said, "Baby in there!"
So I was thinking I would have our son break the news when I finally do get a BFP, by teaching him to do that when I ask, "Where's the baby?"
It's kind of silly, but I think Hubby will get a kick out of it haha :)

Mommazee, that's so sweet!

squirrel sorry to hear of your chemical, your crossword idea is great, it must be awesome to be able to put something together with your design skills - my skills stretch to editing my 'incoming' image in paint lol!

I love the idea of making the moment a little more memorable for my OH and as he often leaves for work early he won't be with me when I test so I will have to wait all day till he gets home to share the news.

It's so nice to hear of peoples creative ideas, we should keep this thread going so that other momma's to be can find some inspiration xxx

We're gamers, and met playing on World of Warcraft, so I used the achievement system from the game for this pregnancy. I took a DVD case and did a custom cover that said "achievement earned - 2", and on the inside the DVD said "made another baby" with the pregnancy test taped to the other side. On the back it said "recent achievements - made a baby (DD's info)". He loved it and showed it off to the guys at work. :haha:

Attachments

• wowannounce1.jpg
    wowannounce1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 16
  • wowannounce2.jpg
    wowannounce2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 12
We're gamers, and met playing on World of Warcraft, so I used the achievement system from the game for this pregnancy. I took a DVD case and did a custom cover that said "achievement earned - 2", and on the inside the DVD said "made another baby" with the pregnancy test taped to the other side. On the back it said "recent achievements - made a baby (DD's info)". He loved it and showed it off to the guys at work. :haha:

This is adorable!!!!! My BF is a huge super-hero, 80's kid at heart so I'm going to try and incorporate that if possible.

love threads like this!
ill prob be with OH so will prob just tell him straight away but i wish i could hold off and do something cute!

I got an idea from reading online and was gonna wait to plan somethin out properly. But dh was in a grumpy mood so I just decided wth just tell him now! Lol

I asked him to hold out both his hands. He did. Then I put a little poppy seed in the one hand and he looked at it and asked ' what's that?' so I replied ' that's probably how big your baby is right now' then I took a bunch of my positive tests and put it in his other hand. He looked at the seed then the pregnancy tests for a few seconds, almost dropped them! Then asked ' you're pregnant??' then proceeded to grab me and hug me. Lol

Tomorrow we plan to tell our parents so this is what we're gonna do. We're telling them we're taking them out for supper as a long overdue thanks for all their help with our wedding( which is like 3 years ago but wth lol). When the waiter brings us our drinks they will place a little gift box that looks like an oven in front of the four of them. Before they open I'm gonna give a little speech and tell them to open their boxes now. I'm the box is gonna be a little bun..and in the bun a little note saying 'we've got a bun in the oven!' with a personalised badge each of them saying 'grandpa to be' and 'grandma to be'. Gonna make them put their badges on and then toast with our drinks! Hold the alcohol for me of course! Lol

This will be the first grandchild for both families.

I got an idea from reading online and was gonna wait to plan somethin out properly. But dh was in a grumpy mood so I just decided wth just tell him now! Lol

I asked him to hold out both his hands. He did. Then I put a little poppy seed in the one hand and he looked at it and asked ' what's that?' so I replied ' that's probably how big your baby is right now' then I took a bunch of my positive tests and put it in his other hand. He looked at the seed then the pregnancy tests for a few seconds, almost dropped them! Then asked ' you're pregnant??' then proceeded to grab me and hug me. Lol

Tomorrow we plan to tell our parents so this is what we're gonna do. We're telling them we're taking them out for supper as a long overdue thanks for all their help with our wedding( which is like 3 years ago but wth lol). When the waiter brings us our drinks they will place a little gift box that looks like an oven in front of the four of them. Before they open I'm gonna give a little speech and tell them to open their boxes now. I'm the box is gonna be a little bun..and in the bun a little note saying 'we've got a bun in the oven!' with a personalised badge each of them saying 'grandpa to be' and 'grandma to be'. Gonna make them put their badges on and then toast with our drinks! Hold the alcohol for me of course! Lol

This will be the first grandchild for both families.

That sounds amazing Tesh!

What a good thread idea! There are so many lovely ideas online I have seen, it would be hard to choose! I loved the one I did with my second angel and it still warms my heart. But im just so unsure about next time incase it all goes wrong again. I will prob just hand him the test and that's it (kinda boring) The magic of it all has kind of gone now in a way. However hope I change my mind and feel differently time it comes round again though :)

Tesh the poppy seed idea is awesome! I think I may steal that if I choose to do a big reveal again :)

This is the crossword all finished :D some of the clues across towards the bottom read 'Charlotte' 'IS' 'Pregnant'. I made it very similar to the actual guardian crossword print outs, so hopefully he'll be none the wiser. Now I just need that BFP next week and then him to realise when he's doing the clues what is right in front of him!

Attachments

• numer 14152.jpg
    numer 14152.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 21
Squirrel that is awesome! You're so skilled to be able to make that!

This is the crossword all finished :D some of the clues across towards the bottom read 'Charlotte' 'IS' 'Pregnant'. I made it very similar to the actual guardian crossword print outs, so hopefully he'll be none the wiser. Now I just need that BFP next week and then him to realise when he's doing the clues what is right in front of him!

So cute!!!

Thanks ladies :)

I'm thinking of changing some clues to add in more words like: Your, wife, has, something, to, tell, you...

And maybe not include the words themselves, but have him open a present with a BFP in it...

Not sure yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->