White boring nappies or patterns??

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by joeyjo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

So my son is loving his cloth nappies and I am really happy with the basic supply we have - Little Lamb : boring, plain white but kinda cute & they do the job well and are under his clothes so it doesn't matter...

BUT I bought some funky wraps and pocket nappies too ....

the wraps are OK - its too hot for the fleece ones and the others are too big but I can see them working with a T shirt and getting shown off - although it will probably be too cold then!!

/But the fancy nappies - again I put them on with a T but they don't seem as good as the little lambs, need changing really quick and then you can guarantee the other clean options won't match his T - I do like things to match... Also its a shame to hide them when he needs warmer clothes!

Think I've decided to stick with white in future... anybody else?

2. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

i'm a bit of both kinda gal!! i love the simplicity and crispness of a white terry!! think they look soo cute but then i get totally carried away with prints and colours to match pretty dresses / tee's and huggalugs or babylegs!!! i tend to keep my 'boring' white ones and terry's for when i've got none left clean (if i havent bothered to wash for 2 days!! lol ) or if i fancy a change etc!!! most of the time i use the pretty colours/patterns etc as i love to team them up with matching/contrasting tees etc!!

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

3. joeyjo

See I think I'd get more use out of coloured nappies on a girl coz they can go under dresses etc and still get seen whereas with a boy its only really with T-shirts that they "make sense"

4. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

yeah i get you on that front...have you got any babylegs ??? look uber cute and you can get some lush boyish designs!!!

5. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

I pretty much have all fun colors and patterns :D

I buy happy heiny pockets and BG pockets, they both work equally as well and I havent had any probs with leaking or blowouts. I also have some bumkins AIO's which I like, but I like the pocket diapers better.

6. lauriech

lauriech Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you, out of all the nappies I have now, my white BG V3 (which looks very boring and simple) works the best on my Little Man! :dohh: and then when you want to show off a fancy one with a nice t-shirt, guarantee it'll leak!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I have mainly fancy coloured patterned nappies...I'm actually thinking of going for more simple ones from now on...bloody leaks! :dohh:

7. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

I started out with loads of Little Lambs, I have since bought a blueberry, a few fuzzi bunz and a few funky coloured wraps as well. I kind of prefer using my Lambs, as I am used to them, they don't leak and they are usually under clothes anyway. I think maybe in summer, with less clothes on, nicely coloured/patterned ones are best, but in winter I would stick to plain. I was quite happy with my plain nappies 'til I started coming on here, I try my best to stay away so I don't see other peoples pretty nappies and end up buying more!

8. cyclura

cyclura Mother and expecting

Same here, most of mine are plain white prefolds with plain white PUL cotton bottom wraps, I have a few pretty ones but I prefer the plain ones for their containment

9. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

mine are all coloured funky patterns ones, but i started late with maddi, for baby number 2 i will def do both as i adore new borns/babies in gorgeous crisp white nappies :cloud9:

10. Plumfairy

Plumfairy Mum-mum-mum-mum

We do abit of both :D Like you say though, its getting cooler now so cant show the fancy ones off anyway :dohh:

11. lauriech

I think there should be more about simple/white/possibly cheap nappies on here as in general. Afterall, this is a natural parenting section, not who can spend the most money/have the bext dressed baby area (sorry if I offend anyone :blush:).

Does anyone agree or am I on my own here? Don't get me wrong, I love ALL my fancy nappies but the simple ones work best :D

xxx

12. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

I totally agree, I think the point of reusable nappies is to help the environment and cos they're nice for baby and more cost effective. I love all the fancy colours and would like to have more pretty ones but I am more than happy with all my plain nappies, and I like to think I am saving money etc etc. I would also love there to be more natural stuff in this forum apart from nappies!

Also, very sorry if I offend people, I know this is likely :blush:

x

13. lauriech

I've been thinking the same thing tbh...I'd love suggestions about what I could do that is natural/eco friendly! Don't get me wrong, I'm no crunchy mummy but this is the natural parenting section!

Any suggestions?

x

14. joeyjo

I agree too - I love my little lambs they work really well, don't leak - I've had more leaks from my pockets - and are relatively cheap - I got 20 of the size1, 30 boosters, 20 fleece liners, 100 disposable liners and 10wraps for £135 brand new. Wash well so far and dry within 24hours on the airer - often quicker.

15. lauriech

I think more should be more on here about how good these type of nappies are! Sounds like a fab deal at £135 too hun :D

x

16. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

£135 is good, I got 20 size one nappies, 20 size two nappies, 40 fleece liners, 40 bamboo liners, 20 wraps, 1000 paper liners and two nappy buckets for £280 from Little Lamb. I think they're great, never leaked, only prob I have is that 'cos they're bamboo they take a little longer to dry. But as I have so many I never run out. :)

17. lauriech

I'm going to look into some simple fitteds! :D

How often do you girls change your wraps? Every change or just when soiled?

How often do you change your nappies?

x

18. joeyjo

I change the nappies about every 3 hours - when I feed - although they have gone longer without leaks. I only change the wrap when its soiled or if the nappy was very wet. I usually use 1 or 2 wraps in a day and 6 nappies. I use a disposable when he goes to bed but put a washable on if he needs changing after 4am.

19. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

I change Freya's nappy about every 2 hours (if just wet), I don't know if they last longer than this as have never tried it.

I nearly always change the wrap as well, they say you don't have to, but I like to. I have half the amount of wraps to napppies but they dry nearly instantly so there's always plenty. :thumbup:

20. lauriech

Thanks girls! Reason I asked about your changing habits is because I am having real problems with leaks but I currently use AIO's and pockets.

x