White boring nappies or patterns??

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
So my son is loving his cloth nappies and I am really happy with the basic supply we have - Little Lamb : boring, plain white but kinda cute & they do the job well and are under his clothes so it doesn't matter...

BUT I bought some funky wraps and pocket nappies too ....

the wraps are OK - its too hot for the fleece ones and the others are too big but I can see them working with a T shirt and getting shown off - although it will probably be too cold then!!

/But the fancy nappies - again I put them on with a T but they don't seem as good as the little lambs, need changing really quick and then you can guarantee the other clean options won't match his T - I do like things to match... Also its a shame to hide them when he needs warmer clothes!

Think I've decided to stick with white in future... anybody else?

i'm a bit of both kinda gal!! i love the simplicity and crispness of a white terry!! think they look soo cute but then i get totally carried away with prints and colours to match pretty dresses / tee's and huggalugs or babylegs!!! i tend to keep my 'boring' white ones and terry's for when i've got none left clean (if i havent bothered to wash for 2 days!! lol ) or if i fancy a change etc!!! most of the time i use the pretty colours/patterns etc as i love to team them up with matching/contrasting tees etc!!

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

See I think I'd get more use out of coloured nappies on a girl coz they can go under dresses etc and still get seen whereas with a boy its only really with T-shirts that they "make sense"

yeah i get you on that front...have you got any babylegs ??? look uber cute and you can get some lush boyish designs!!!

I pretty much have all fun colors and patterns :D

I buy happy heiny pockets and BG pockets, they both work equally as well and I havent had any probs with leaking or blowouts. I also have some bumkins AIO's which I like, but I like the pocket diapers better.

I have to agree with you, out of all the nappies I have now, my white BG V3 (which looks very boring and simple) works the best on my Little Man! :dohh: and then when you want to show off a fancy one with a nice t-shirt, guarantee it'll leak!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I have mainly fancy coloured patterned nappies...I'm actually thinking of going for more simple ones from now on...bloody leaks! :dohh:

I started out with loads of Little Lambs, I have since bought a blueberry, a few fuzzi bunz and a few funky coloured wraps as well. I kind of prefer using my Lambs, as I am used to them, they don't leak and they are usually under clothes anyway. I think maybe in summer, with less clothes on, nicely coloured/patterned ones are best, but in winter I would stick to plain. I was quite happy with my plain nappies 'til I started coming on here, I try my best to stay away so I don't see other peoples pretty nappies and end up buying more!

Same here, most of mine are plain white prefolds with plain white PUL cotton bottom wraps, I have a few pretty ones but I prefer the plain ones for their containment

mine are all coloured funky patterns ones, but i started late with maddi, for baby number 2 i will def do both as i adore new borns/babies in gorgeous crisp white nappies :cloud9:

We do abit of both :D Like you say though, its getting cooler now so cant show the fancy ones off anyway :dohh:

I think there should be more about simple/white/possibly cheap nappies on here as in general. Afterall, this is a natural parenting section, not who can spend the most money/have the bext dressed baby area (sorry if I offend anyone :blush:).

Does anyone agree or am I on my own here? Don't get me wrong, I love ALL my fancy nappies but the simple ones work best :D

xxx

I think there should be more about simple/white/possibly cheap nappies on here as in general. Afterall, this is a natural parenting section, not who can spend the most money/have the bext dressed baby area (sorry if I offend anyone :blush:).

Does anyone agree or am I on my own here? Don't get me wrong, I love ALL my fancy nappies but the simple ones work best :D

xxx

I totally agree, I think the point of reusable nappies is to help the environment and cos they're nice for baby and more cost effective. I love all the fancy colours and would like to have more pretty ones but I am more than happy with all my plain nappies, and I like to think I am saving money etc etc. I would also love there to be more natural stuff in this forum apart from nappies!

Also, very sorry if I offend people, I know this is likely :blush:

x

xxx

I totally agree, I think the point of reusable nappies is to help the environment and cos they're nice for baby and more cost effective. I love all the fancy colours and would like to have more pretty ones but I am more than happy with all my plain nappies, and I like to think I am saving money etc etc. I would also love there to be more natural stuff in this forum apart from nappies!

x

I've been thinking the same thing tbh...I'd love suggestions about what I could do that is natural/eco friendly! Don't get me wrong, I'm no crunchy mummy but this is the natural parenting section!

Any suggestions?

x

xxx

x

I agree too - I love my little lambs they work really well, don't leak - I've had more leaks from my pockets - and are relatively cheap - I got 20 of the size1, 30 boosters, 20 fleece liners, 100 disposable liners and 10wraps for £135 brand new. Wash well so far and dry within 24hours on the airer - often quicker.

I think more should be more on here about how good these type of nappies are! Sounds like a fab deal at £135 too hun :D

x

£135 is good, I got 20 size one nappies, 20 size two nappies, 40 fleece liners, 40 bamboo liners, 20 wraps, 1000 paper liners and two nappy buckets for £280 from Little Lamb. I think they're great, never leaked, only prob I have is that 'cos they're bamboo they take a little longer to dry. But as I have so many I never run out. :)

I'm going to look into some simple fitteds! :D

How often do you girls change your wraps? Every change or just when soiled?

How often do you change your nappies?

x

I change the nappies about every 3 hours - when I feed - although they have gone longer without leaks. I only change the wrap when its soiled or if the nappy was very wet. I usually use 1 or 2 wraps in a day and 6 nappies. I use a disposable when he goes to bed but put a washable on if he needs changing after 4am.

I change Freya's nappy about every 2 hours (if just wet), I don't know if they last longer than this as have never tried it.

I nearly always change the wrap as well, they say you don't have to, but I like to. I have half the amount of wraps to napppies but they dry nearly instantly so there's always plenty. :thumbup:

Thanks girls! Reason I asked about your changing habits is because I am having real problems with leaks but I currently use AIO's and pockets.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->