White flashing spots...

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
I have a question i hope someone has the answer.Ive been having white flashing spots on and off in front of my eyes. Its not painfull but very annoyin. Can anyone shed some light on what this could be? Should i be worried??:shrug:

I get them sometimes and i think it might be because i have low blood pressure. My midwife said not to worry and said it was most like head rush and eat regularly (mostly because i faint after getting them sometimes.
hope this helps in any way

as trinka says thats what i have been told. i get them sometimes too. thing that helps me is to stand up slowly, dont turn your head too fast or bend down to fast. x

Same here, I've always suffered from these (even before i was pg), its usually just caused by a head rush, i wouldnt worry hun x

Go to your doctor or midwife and let them know asap bird. . . yes, it CAN be a symptom of low blood pressure but it can also be a sure sign of pre eclampsia.

Even if its nothing, better safe than sorry. Good Luck xx
ETA:just noticed you're only 14 weeks, so most likely it is low blood pressure, but id def still mention it next time you see him/her :)

Im getting white flashing lights too like little stars. My bp and urine was all normal 2 weeks ago so the midwife said it could be to do with low iron levels. These spots are still occuring but now becoming stronger :s I have to see my mw again today so ill see what she says!

I have low BP and I get sparkly dancers! :lol: If you're further on and get them, I'd get your BP checked to be sure it's low and not high - mine was always low though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"