white tongue

spacebaby

Reaction score
In the last few days our 3 week old has developed a really white tongue, thought it was just the milk at first but it looks like it might be something else. Nurse said it could be thrush but would expect to see it on the inside of the cheeks as well and also gf's nipples would get red and sore and neither of those things has happened yet.

Anyone else noticed this?

sometimes my baby gets a white tongue.. he used to get it only on tongue and gums, very rarely on inside of cheeks. I went to docs and they gave me a gel to apply.. clears it up in no time. :)

Sounded like thrush to me -- did you mean 3 yr old? Is the 3 yr old still nursing?

If they are... then I would definitely say thrush. Sometimes the LO gets it first and then it shows up on mom's nipples after that. I would get it checked and treated asap.

Yeah sounds like thrush, my LO had this aswell only on his tongue but then after a while started getting fussy then after about a week I got the breast pain but not so much red nipples or anything but we both got treated for thrush x

Yep -- definitely likely to be thrush then... get it treated before it gets out of control. Your poor OH will be miserable if transers to her bbs. Makes BFing very hard -- would hate to see her give it up because of thrush!

Ava gets a little bit on white on her tongue sometimes and the doctor told me to give her an ounce of water to wash the milk off her tongue so it doesn't develop into thrush. :shrug:

sounds like thrush to me easily treated though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"