Who actually enjoys picking a name?

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
I honestly find it hard, annoying, boring. Lol I hope am not only 1.

I keep getting asked "Oh, thought any names yet?" My reply, "Oh, well ive looked but got bored after 5mins"... reply or look i get in return, think am mad or something.
Someone said, oh i thought every mother loved & enjoyed looking for a name.
When pregnant with amber, my own mother started putting a list together, which i only added to when i came across a name i like, whether be on tv or on internet, i never actually looked through pages upon pages on net, or loooked through books.
Even when amber arrived didnt name her until later that evening, she only got that name as was only 1 OH liked on the list. He never even give 1 suggestion.

So, my question is, do you enjoy it all?

loved it before i had my 1st now on my 3rd im not overly fussed

I love thinking of baby names.
It gave my unborn child an identity and I felt then she was her own little person.
This time round I still love thinking of names.

I love names! I love the meanings and history of them as well as just finding names that I love the sound of.

It was a little frustrating to come up with the "right" name and agreeing with my husband on one name when we were expecting...but I think overall it's exciting and it's a great part of the pregnancy journey!

We have both boy and girl names and this is pre conception (3 years pre conception and counting) That answers your question! It's obviously not set in stone but we have a fair idea. It's such a huge part of the identity of the little person we'll be bringing into the world, they'll have to live with it all through their childhood and probably beyond

Plus, I'm interested in finding unique, pretty, interesting and meaningful names. I have very particular taste so it requires some thought

I was excited at first, but now I'm just frustrated as I feel like I still haven't found anything I really like :(

Me!
I love it. :D First time round I made big lists of my top 100 names :rofl: and got really obsessed xxx

I like it, I just dislike the fact OH can never be bothered to discuss names, other than to say no to everything i say! x

I liked it in the beginning but sometimes it's so hard to choose the right one, it feels like a big responsibility and I don't want to regret the decision once we have officially named LO.

We knew straight off what we wanted to call a girl. For a boy we struggled for months, nothing seemed right for ages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->