Who could be the dad ?

Prettilucki1

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Lets leave the judging behind.
On november 29 i had sex with a guy from the past. I got a postive for ovulation on 12/06 and on 12/06 i had sex with my boyfriend. Im now pregnant on 01/05 i measured 6weeks and 2Days. Who is most likely to be the father ?

Why would anyone judge you? You are free to have sex with whoever you want.

Looks slightly more likely from your dates to be guy number 1 however given your positive ovulation test it's a bit confusing. But O tests can be positive if you are pregnant as they measure a similar shape hormone sonit can send an ovulation test positive. And to be honest trying to date a pregnancy that early from a scan is very unreliable, it's easy to be a week or so out as baby is so tiny. So the only way to know for sure will be a DNA test as the guys are close together. I'm gathering this is going to be an awkward conversation with your boyfriend if you were with him when you slept with the other guy but the only way forward is to be totally honest with everyone involved, its not fair on any of you or the baby to just guess at these things or let people believe something that isn't true and it will lead to more problems in the future. Good luck, you aren't the first in this position and won't be the last im sure. Just keep what is best for you and your baby in mind, everyone deserves the truth. And you always have people in this forum for support. Good luck xx

If you were six weeks on the 5th of jan it would mean you conceived around the 6th of December - as you calculate it by counting back four weeks from the scan - there extra two weeks is just added but you aren’t actually pregnant at that time. So from that I would suggest it’s your boyfriend who is the father. The only way you know for 100% is a paternity test, especially as this early it’s easy for them to get it a couple days out as everything is so tiny.
Either way, a real dad is the one that’s there for the little sprout you’re growing.
Good luck I hope things work out for you x

Hello everyone. Lets leave the judging behind.
On november 29 i had sex with a guy from the past. I got a postive for ovulation on 12/06 and on 12/06 i had sex with my boyfriend. Im now pregnant on 01/05 i measured 6weeks and 2Days. Who is most likely to be the father ?

Sounds like your boyfriend. I'm only a few days ahead of you, and I did a FET (frozen embryo transfer) as a surrogate, so I've got 100% accurate dates and the math is pretty straightforward.

I had the transfer on Dec. 18th, the embryo was 5 days old, so that makes the technical conception date the 11th.

Back that up a couple days to reach what would have been ovulation if this wasn't IVF, and you have a date around the 9th.

Now back that up 4 more days and you've got a date closer to the 6th, which is when you had a positive OPK and when you were with your boyfriend. The 29th is just too far back to for it to be the other guy when you're measuring 6+2.

Congratulations, and I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

It sounds more likely it's your boyfriend's baby. The dates are close though so a paternity test is the only way to be 100% sure. A scan that early is hard to get accurate dates from. Your 12 week scan will be more accurate. If you did ovulate on the 6th it's probably your boyfriend's but sperm can live for up to 5 days so it is close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->