Who did who didnt?

kayleigh89

Reaction score
Hey all just wondering how many of u had PM on ur little angel's and who didnt?

Those who did,did u all get answers? and how long did it take?

Big hug's xx

The cells did not grow, so we will never really know :cry: My doctor said 90 percent it was chromosomal but sometimes they just don't know what chromosome may have been effected :cry: So for us we will never know.
XOXOXO They called it a fluke ...:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We were offered this yesterday after giving birth to my son who was 16 weeks gestation. I didn't want the PM because they would cut his fragile little body and the chances of not getting any answer are quite high. We just have to accept it just wasn't meant to be.

We had the PM done. Preliminary results indicated no chromosomal disorders (got those results at our 5 week follow-up). This has been helpful to rule out as they are now focusing on other complications that I had. We still have not received the full report, and it's been 2 1/2 months. They say it takes up to three months to receive here.

It was a hard decision though, as he had already been through so much.

We had a basic PM done, they looked at the placenta and externally examined our little girl and xrayed her. I wish we hadnt, I knew it was my body. They needednt have touched her.
We were not given answers, because I suspect if they had confirmed what it was, we would have taken legal action and I suspect they knew this.
Basically I tested positive for Hughes Syndrome (APS) and the placenta had a big clot in it, and had partially come away, breaking my waters and causing Maeve to stop growing.
Aparantly this is not "typical of an APS loss" but 8 months on I know this can happen.
Its a really hard decision. And If I was in the situation again I dont know what I would do, there is always the hope of an answer, or the terrible situation of none. There are varying types of post mortem, full and the basic we had which is worth considering.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We chose not to have one I have 2 boys so I figure it just wasn't meant to be I probably would have had one if I didn't have children or was planning to try again

I had one but didnt get any answers :(

she was perfect in every way but born too soon due to PROM (premature rupture of membranes) xx

I had pm done and found out that my baby died as he had downs. In my case I am glad I got a reason why it happened as it helped me.

We chose not get a PM, as we knew Harri had Sb and other problems. We were offered one to see if the Sb was a chromisonal issue (5% chance) but as we have one healthy DD alreadyt we thought it was more than not chromasonal.

xxx

We chose not to have a PM. I have no idea why we lost her. I am pretty certain I wouldn't feel better if I knew why she died as she'd still be gone.

I forgot to add we did not have a P M we had a tissue sample taken.

Welk decide to have a pm and even though it was such a difficult decision to make im glad we did because it ment that they found out it was a partial molar pregnancy. I cant really remember how long it took to get the results but I know it was only a few weeks before we got the initial results showing a chromosome problem and I think it was about 8 weeks time that we got the full results It didn't have any of the usual signs and if I hadn't found out and been monitored there was the potential for retained placenta to turn cancerous...

I really wish I didn't have to put my little boy through it...but it was the right decision.

we didnt have one hun but when i gave birth the midwife said it looked like downs but she obv couldnt be 100% sure. she said that we could have one done but it would take months to get results and to be honest i just wanted to bury her little body and let her have peace! i had all my bloods etc checked and my amniotic fluid but everything came back clear. im terrified of it happening again but i would never let that stand in my way xxxx

We had a full pm done on our angel, I had to. I knew we might not get answers, but I had to try, I couldn't cope not knowing why this had happened. I needed to know and if there was a chance I'd get some answers, I had to take it. If I remember right, it took about 8 - 10 weeks for everything to come back, and we got half answers.

Our angel died from a circumvellate placenta and hypercoiled umbilical cord, which also caused IUGR. At 20 weeks when he was delivered he had been dead since 17 weeks, but was only measuring 13+5. We didn't get a reason why that had happened, but it still helped to know there had been a reason, even if there was no reason for the reason.

No we didn't have a pm. I had PPROM and they knew that is what happened but they could never tell me why so there was no point of having a pm.

My friends husband was a pathologist (he had to retire at 37 due to cronic ill health) he rang me after William died, and I know it was very hard for him to do as his wife is my childhood best friend so although he was talking about his profession it was very personal, he assured me that if I wanted to have a PM it would be done with extreme sensativity and that they take extra special care with babies and children. It really helped to know that if we had decided to go down that route it would be done as carefully as possible.

We are having a pm and genetic testing done. before birth they believed Carter had "potters syndrome" missing both of his kidneys & a bladder. This is my first child & my husband has a healthy 6 year old so i wanted to know the chances of this happening again. I may not get any reasons or % but i sure hope, it has been 2 weeks so far and no report yet. im sure it will take time.

we had one done on our angel because we wanted to try again but needed to know if we was at risk of it happening again, it took about 9 weeks and they found out the cause just by looking at her she had aminiotic bands wrapped round her leg and fingers, they also wrapped around the umbiliacal cord which caused her to die, was told i had no risk to future pregnancies

I had PM done as I feel I really need to know. It's only been 6 days so I havea while to go before I get results. My drsaid that 40% of the time they cannot find a cause. I hope that is not my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->