Who did you tell when? Haven't yet, when will you?

Angel_blues

Reaction score
So far I've told my two best friends (they both have children) and OH... I am supposedly 5+4 weeks but I personally feel because of my long cycles I say 4+2... I don't want to tell family yet as I don't want to be suffocated by visits/phone calls lol

Is 8 weeks still too early? I don't know how long I can wait!

You can tell people whenever you feel ready hun! With all my previous babies i told everyone straight away, from 4 weeks, its only since my mmc i now wait, this time im hoping to have an early scan and tell people around 8-12 weeks depending on how long i can keep it quiet lol i havent told anyone but my fiance lol

You tell people when your ready.

We told everyone at 8w with #2. Then 12w with #3. Im in no rush with #4 as everyone thought #3 was our max. Im not sure how well family will take it seems #3 is only 5 months old. Ill hold off until 15-18w if possible.

We have told OH's mum, dad and sister, but only on Sunday at 10+4 after a private scan. If we hadn't seen them that day we wouldn't have told them.

Holding off telling anyone else until after my official 12 week scan at 13+1.

It's a personal choice though - completely up to you who you tell and when! x

We didn't tell anyone until 12 weeks, not even our parents. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow and still have only told family and close friends - tbh I think I will just mention to others if I see them, the main people know! We had a scan at 10w (our fourth scan) and felt quite comfortable after that as my losses have been a lot earlier than that (5-8w) but I'm trying to keep it from my work for another few weeks!

Hi
Told my sister and parents and best friend straight away cos they knew we'd been having Ivf. Work also knew early again cos they knew about our treatment. Told other friends at about 8w after scan. Told dh's family at about 10w, he's not close to them and wasn't fussed about them knowing. Only told dd after 12w scan. Wanted to keep it from her longer dimplesly bcos I think she'll struggle with the time (already asking me if the baby's coming today...) also thought someone else might let it slip and wanted to be the one to tell her.
I just think if something bad had happened I'd need my close family and friends for support.
Xx

At first 4 weeks I told my two best friends, and my partner's parents.

told our parents soon as we found out but not telling anyone else until after 12 week scan.

We told immediate family right away when we found out at around 4-5 weeks. We told some more family at 6 weeks because everyone was gathered for easter. I've had to tell my boss, and I told a few friends here and there, but otherwise we are waiting to announce it to everyone and on facebook until the 12 week mark. I also haven't told work, but OH told everyone at his work, which I don't necessarily like.

The one thing to remember is that once you tell, it'll spread like wildfire. My mother in law proudly came up to me the other day and excitedly informed me she had told almost everyone on her block! She just can't help it, this is her first grandchild and she is super excited.

OH was the first person to know, then I told my best friend who is also expecting. Then I told my mum, brother and sister. Going to be telling my dad tomorrow eeeek! Im really nervous about telling him, I don't even know why though as he'll be over the moon.
OH hasn't told anyone yet. He wants to wait to tell his dad in person, when we can go visit for the weekend. I thought he'd be the first to blab!

We told everyone last time at 7 weeks (big mistake) but then had a MMC 9 weeks - so no more telling people before 12-13 weeks for us! The only ones that know are my boss (since I need to take off of work for weekly scans) and our parents. If all goes well, we will tell everyone after 12-13 weeks.

I told our mum's straight away, and now at nine weeks my sister's and some close friends know. Apart from family and two close friends I didn't tell anyone until 14 weeks last time.
This time I've taken the view if anything awful happened I'd want people's support, but only close people. I'm not one to Facebook it before scans etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->