Who do you vent to?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I feel like I have no one to vent to about this whole WTT thing at the moment and so everything is just going round and round in my head. It's days like this that I wish I had someone that I could really talk to about it who would understand.

Who do you vent to?

I vent to my hubby about it, he wants a baby just as much as I do. We're just waiting since I'm sick and we don't know with what. I also vent to my sister in law, she had trouble conceiving my two nieces, so she can understand the frustration of WTT and TTC. My friends are either already having kids so they're super busy or they're on the other side of that where they're trying get their careers going and focused on just that. So venting to the friends with kids is tough because they have no time, and the ones focused on their careers don't want to hear about it. Haha, this website is a great place to vent as well. If you ever need someone to vent to, you can always message me or post threads. :)

I usually vent to my OH or on here. There's not really any people in real life I can vent to, so this forum is my go-to place. The only person I talked to about it more than just in passing is my OH. Otherwise friends will hear something along the lines of "I can't wait to have another baby" but that's as far as it goes. It can get really frustrating at times because I often get caught up in my own head. That's why I made my journal on here...I can vent and rant as much as I want. :haha: If you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me and vent away :flower:

DH doesn't want babies yet which is a huge part of why we're WTT. He still feels like a kid himself so he isn't ready for the responsibility. I can't really talk to him about it at the moment and no one else in my life gets it. I might start another journal. I used to have one but things have changed so much since the last time I used it. Just feel like screaming right now!

I'm with you too LynAnne. I've had a couple of vents to hubby, but if also know I'm supposed to be waiting until mid December before our chat about a date so I try not to vent at him, just keep making baby comments to him lol I also keep mentioning things to my best friend but I worry she'll get fed up of it if I carry on. She knows everything about me so she probably wouldn't, because she'd love us to have one, but I try not to talk to her about it too much! I just want to talk to someone about it as and when I want to and have someone listen to me and understand how hard it is to wait! Humph!

I vent to a friend, who may turn out to be my sperm donor in a few years.

B&B is the only place I can vent!

Mostly on here and sometimes a friend of mine.

99% of the time to hubby. Which is funny, because we went from me being broody and him wanting some to wait until we were settled into our new location, to him being ready for another and me wanting a little more time. We take turns making comments and referencing the next one, so it's nice to know we're kind of on the same page, and that he is good to go when I am. I've made comments to my family about wanting another, so they all know there will be another little one as long as there isn't any issues.

Maybe let him know that having a child helps you be a child yourself? We climb all over the playgrounds with our daughter, while the other parents watch from the sidelines. Pfft to them I say! And in case he's a gamer, we're still gamers ourselves and find time to enjoy our usual things. We still feel pretty young and carefree; there's just another little soul going along with us now. :)

I like what kitteh kat said about still being a kid yourself. Who says having children means you can't still be fun and youthful!

For me, i really don't vent to my OH. I've already negotiated a compromise with him and i don't want to push it.. As far as venting, I have to say I do that here on bnb! :)

Im sorry you're going through this LynAnne. I usually vent to my best friend, though my OH is a close second. Even so, I still find a lot of comfort and validation here on the forums, hopefully they can do the same for you. It may sound a bit weird, but you may also want to utilize a supportive phone counselling service, like a free crisis line if you have one available. I called one once when I needed to vent about other things going on in my life and it was so very helpful just to release it all verbally to a kind voice on the other end of the line.

My wife. She wants a baby just as much as I do. We are only waiting because we have to.

I'm so jealous of everyone who can vent to their OH about this. My DH just simply isn't ready for fatherhood and gets irritated when I do talk about babies with him. That's me started a journal to have a wee rant now and then. I really don't know if being on BnB helps or just makes me want a baby more! :haha:

I'm so jealous of everyone who can vent to their OH about this. My DH just simply isn't ready for fatherhood and gets irritated when I do talk about babies with him. That's me started a journal to have a wee rant now and then. I really don't know if being on BnB helps or just makes me want a baby more! :haha:

I don't vent to my husband either, you're not alone in that. He's just not very receptive to it, or at least he hadn't been in the past so I just stopped doing it. I don't really have anyone in my same position to whom I could vent to. I only have one close friend that has kids, and I worry about making her think she can't talk about her kids for fear of offending me, so I don't vent to her. I have another close friend that I have vented a little bit to here and there, but she is not ready to have children so it's not quite as understood. I wish I had someone in was in a similar boat, so that's honestly why I came here to join this forum! Vent here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->