who does the 6 week check??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by louise1302, Apr 15, 2009.

1. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

archie is 81/2 weeks and hasnt had his 6 week check ...who does it? do i need to make an appointment? my other kids are older and i cant remember

am beginning to panic now as am reading on here about 6 week checkups

the hv came last week and all she did was measure his head (she had forgotten her scales to weigh him)

she never mentioned his check up and where im supposed to go for it

xxx

2. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

my gp did ours... just made appt after they sent me several letters to remind me beforehand... (in that time it was way too early to make appt as the gremlins behind the desk only book appts a few days b4 the actual appt date and give u the 3rd degree and diagnose you b4 seeing a doctor).

3. isil

isil Well-Known Member

Alasdair's was an 8 wk as opposed to 6 wk check. He had it after his 8 wk injections. Ours was done by our GP (imms done by nurse before hand). I'd give your GPs surgery a ring to check! Or ask your HV next time you see her. It's not absolutel necessary that your LO has imms and check up at 8 wk exactly I don't think.

4. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

ive had a card through to make an appointment for his jabs it says from next week so i thinbk ill make a gp app for us both to go in right before that(ive not had my postnatal either yet) that way i can do everything at once
    thanks ladies

5. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

sounds like a plan :)

6. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

Our GP is doing Beckys next week hun....at nearly 8 weeks!!!:rofl:

7. chel27

chel27 mum to 3

had our 6 week check up today...we automatically had the letter sent out by the doctors for the appointment xx

8. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

HV told us when we had to attend baby clinic 6 weeks(ish), got weighed, head circumference then along to the Dr for check.
    I was told AJ wouldn't be able to have his immunisations until he'd had his check.