Who don't you want in ultrasound room?UPDATE

Clovercandy

Reaction score
I don't want anyone....:huh:

I love my mom...mother in law...husband....sisters.

But I don't want anyone in the room with me when I scan the baby week by week. Husband is fine actually. It's his baby too.

But I just got pregnant finally after a long time and I'm beginning to feel like an experiment or something. I'm probably wrong but I want this so bad and I want to take care of this pregnancy. I know they'll be grandchildren too but...it's my baby more and isn't it my choice how I want things concerning the baby.

I don't know what I'm saying but why does everyone have to see and make sure everything is going well in the scans. That's for me and my husband....

Am i wrong?

What's your opinion?

UPDATE: Wow everyone...that really surprises me you all agreed even thou I know it shouldn't surprise me :headspin:

People put you down as if you're doing something selfish...well I won't have it anymore. If my husband and I think of everyone we will lose each other and I know we don't want that. Thank You all:flower:

It's always just been my and OH usually because I keep it a secret for ages so that's the only reason why really. It's your baby and your choice x

Well we aren't telling anyone until after the scan but even if we did tell them before, I wouldn't want anyone other than DH and myself in the room. Obviously, if there is an issue, you would let your families know, but I'm thinking it's probably a very personal moment that you want to spend with just your OH.

Exactly!

DH says I'm even selfish sometimes. Like I don't like to include Mother in law. I barely include my own mother lol. Doesn't mean I love them any less.

And honestly. I don't believe the Mother in Law has to know week by week of my pregnancy :shrug:

For me it should be just between me and DH. They give you prints so everyone can see them afterwards. The more time that goes on, the more private I feel about it. We even decided only DH will be in the delivery room and I'm super close to my mom.

I only wanted my husband at the scans, and he was the only person in the room with me when I gave birth too. X

Your baby; you get to decide. I went to all of mine, except the 20 week, alone. My mom had wanted to come to some of mine in the 1st tri, but I was so worried every time I went that I didn't want her there. (I was high risk and being scanned weekly). Once I got past 13 weeks and had my genetic testing back, I invited my mom to come to my 20 week at the perinatologists office. Then after that, I told her I wanted to go to the rest of them alone.

It took me and my husband a long time to get our little one as well and those ultrasounds were very precious moments for us and we didnt want anyone else there with us so I understand how you feel. Its your baby your choice if you dont want anyone else in there with you then thats your decision.

I only want my husband in on scans too. I'm having a private early scan this weekend and our DD will be coming too but that's because we've no childcare and I didn't want to wait any longer for scan.

Only hubby is allowed at the birth too, I couldn't face having anyone else there.

It'll just be me and DH during our scans. My mom has already said she wanted to see the baby during scans but I said "MOM NO"

Sorry Ma. I'll send you pictures.

You're not wrong. It's your pregnancy. Your procedures! You can still include MIL, mom etc. Just after - give pics or what not.

The only person allowed anywhere during any visits of any sort during my pregnancy will be my husband. I love our families to death, but I feel like this is a personal matter that I want to be special, just between the two of us :blush:

With my first I only ever had my OH, and with this pregnancy we will do the same. It's a very private and personal thing to go through, I personally couldn't share it with anyone else as you really are very vulnerable when having a scan and giving birth, etc.

If anyone is there it's my husband... I would never have anyone else at my appointments.. Most of the time I am there by myslef though which is also fine

i want either DH or my mum- I went to a routine scan during my last pregnancy alone and ended up finding out i'd had a MMC- never going to one alone again.

Do whatever feels comfortable to you! Personally I wouldn't leave out dh, but that's up to you. This pregnancy I'm only having my dh in the room as well as in the delivery room.

For the ultrasound just hubby and I, but for the birth I asked his mom to be in the room with us. I think she will be a good support system for me.

Just the hubby at the scans :) my mum understands how personal scans and giving birth are and has told me that she will be there for me whenever I ask her to be-- but no earlier. No pestering me which is fantastic!! :haha: I hate the idea of having a boat load of family members waiting outside my hospital door too for immediately after the birth. I want some time to recover and bond. People can visit later, when we invite them.

My MIL on the other hand... I love her, but all she seems to talk about is wanting grandchildren (despite knowing about a previous loss). We only told her about the first loss, and she MADE IT ALL ABOUT HERSELF. seriously. So we didn't tell her about any of the others. She just made it so much worse. I will definitely not be inviting her to the scans or the birth. I do love her, but it is not a moment I want to share with her.

For the birth, I think it will just be my husband. Maaaaybe my twin sister but she might feel a bit uncomfortable so I will let her decide.

I never really gave it much thought until my mum asked if she could come to one then I felt weird about it and kinda didn't want her to come.

Weird as I have a 23yr old sister with Down's who I really want to invite to one just because she would love it so much. Seeing if it's like it is on the tv and it's something she'll never experience herself.

Now I found out I have to have a lot of scans I don't feel so possessive about it and I will be inviting my mum and sister to one.

Just me and oh will be at our scans. I was inviting mil to my 20 week scan in august but we found out at 18 weeks baby's heart had stopped so this time I said its just the two of us cos I couldn't handle anyone else being there if anything was wrong again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->