Who else is officially 'unexplained'?

peekaboo

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been chatting to people on here a while now, but always lose track of who I've spoken to and where to find them again - there are so many different threads and journals to look in!

I thought it would be great if anyone officially in the 'unexplained infertility' category could join this thread?

In a nutshell (there's more info in my journal!) myself and DH have been TTC for about 20 months. We've had all the routine tests and there is NOTHING wrong apparently. I'm ovulating, have very regular cycles, have clear tubes, am infection-free and DH has great swimmers! So what's going wrong?!

I'm pretty sure Ive spoken in the past to people in the same situation as us (i.e. where there is no official reason for struggling to conceive) and it would be really useful to chat some more about things to try etc.

C'mon 'unexplained' ladies, please join me here!! xx

Me me me, well kind of. :shrug: I have very very mild PCO, no symtoms, no weight issues. ovulate on my own every month and have a regular 28 days cycle.
I have been trying for 2 years. Had HSG, blood tests, scans the works and on my first round of 50mg clomid from cd2-6. took tablet number 3 this morning so two more to go. Praying that it works first time round.

xxx

ive been trying to concieve for 5 years after being diagnosed with PCOS slighltly low thryroid and dp with slightly low morphology we were told that we have unexplained infertility even with these problems FS says its not a good reason as to why we cant concieve i have regular period which are bang on time (even with PCOS) my tubes are open and i ovulate reguraly only option now is IVF.

Me! Me! I am officially "unexplained". We have been trying for 17 months. All our tests came back fine. I tried Clomid with IUI this cycle. Fingers crossed!

I am 'unexplained'. We have been TTC for 4 years and are about to start IVF. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with mild PCOS but when I changed to a better clinic I was told I do not have PCOS and never did!! I have had all the blood work and HSG and the results are great. DH SA is ok. 3 rounds of Clomid and 3 unsuccessful IUI we are waiting for IVF.

lady Blush, i hope the IVF works for you. Is that the final straw. is there nothing else they can offer you?

Harmonygirl- what mg of clomid are you on and what CDs did you take it.

xx

Hi all,
I started a thread like this a few months ago...but it got lost somewhere, but it was helpful to talk with other unexplained ttc'ers. Anyway, there are a lot of us out there on bnb I think. I had all of the blood tests, semen analysis, scans, etc., and nothing is wrong. For us it may just be age- I'm 39 and DH is 37. We tried three cycles of Clomid + IUI and nothing. Now we're going natural with acupuncture and herbs for a few rounds, and I'll start IVF in Jan/Feb. I keep wondering if there's something I haven't checked or if the doctors have missed something, but they do seem to funnel you right into IVF if they can't figure out what's going on.
has everyone here had a lap already? that's the one thing I haven't done.

hi brooklyn, i personally havent had a lap but my frined who is 30 was ttc for a year, bloods, hcg all clear. had the lap and fell pregnant the month after. May be its worth speaking to your Dr about.
xx

I was "unexplained" but just recently had a chemical so I dunno where I fit in now. We had been trying for three years, maybe a lot of us unexplained people just take a while to conceive and don't need medical intervention??

Laura, I am pretty sure it was 50mg of Clomid on days 3-7. The first time we did just the med, and the second time (with 2 months off in between) we did it and IUI.

Brooklyn, lap is the only thing I haven't done as well....A friend at work told me the same story as Laura; she had the lap done, and even though they didn't find anything, she got pregnant the next month.

Good luck to you all!

Mary

jeanettekaren, I think you may be right about it taking longer for some of us...for my sister (who is younger than me and also has nothing apparently wrong) it took 14 months to conceive her first daughter when she was 31, now she's 35 and been trying to conceive a second for over a year again. She's had a miscarriage along the way. So she can get pregnant, it just seems to take her a long time for no good reason. Argh, so unfair when some are getting pregnant at the drop of a hat!

Sorry to hear about you m/c jeanette hun. I hope you get that BFP soon.

Harmony- hears hoping it works for me.

I have read that taking robitussin cough syrup the days leading up to ov and including ov healps with your cm and makes it more spermy friendly. Im off to asda to get some in a second. Will try anything at this point.

Hi ladies, we were unexplained for well over 2 years, it wasn't until we were referred for IUI that the fertility clinic found a reason! We're now starting IVF this month. All NHS tests found nothing and fertility clinic told us that many couples who go for treatment with them who have unexplained very often a reason is found prior to treatment starting as private fertility clinics do additional tests NHS doesn't.

I too am so far 'unexplained'. All tests normal, 5 failed rounds of Clomid - only thing haven't had checked yet is my tubes but am being referred for a lap soon.

I can't decide whether it's best to have a reason or not??

JeanetteKaren - so sorry to hear about your m/c :hugs:

missmonty, if you don't mind me asking, what did they end up finding?

missmonty, if you don't mind me asking, what did they end up finding?

Hi Brooklyn, DH has a large % of antisperm antibodies, although his count is very good (last SA showed a count of 90million) FS advised that with the large % of antibodies the swimmers would unlikley ever make it far enough to conceive as the antibodies would distroy them before they get there. We had never heard of MF antispearm antibodies before and unfortunatly our NHS hospital did not test for this. FS at the private clinic advised that about 40% of the couples he see's with unexplained actually are found to have MF. We were shocked to find this out, on reflection it is a relief to know what the issue is however it makes me sad to think we tried for so long full of hope each month when in fact it was never likely going to happen :(

wow, that is interesting. I wonder if our clinic tests for that....I'll have to ask next time. So what's next for you?

Hi Brooklyn, we had been referred for IUI but fertility clinic advised it would not work and best option is ICSI - starting this month, we had to wait a long to get this far but now its all happening so quickly.

PS - I love New York! Only been once and did all the typical tourist sights, we went to a fab little pizza resturant in soho called Lombardi's OMG the pizza was amazing! x

lady Blush, i hope the IVF works for you. Is that the final straw. is there nothing else they can offer you?

Harmonygirl- what mg of clomid are you on and what CDs did you take it.

xx

hi laura yeah IVF is the final straw now it will be done on the nhs but i was thinking of maybe giving IUI a go privatly its maybe worth a try even though ive had 2 chemicals that dident even go further than 5 weeks while i was on clomid they still say they have no idea whats going on with me.

ive noticed that theres alot of women on here with PCOS and nearly all of whom seem to have irregular periods i was told i have PCOS through a scan but im slightly confused as to why i get very regular period bcoz ussualy women with PCOS have very irregular periods is there enyone else on here that has been diagnosed with PCOS but still have quite good regular perios?

hope we can keep this thread up as its a very good way to all the unexplained infertility women to have a chat.

xxx

lady blush, i was diagnosed with PCOS about a year and half ago through a scan. I have very regular periods and i ovulate ever month. My PCSO is very mild i have no symtpoms, problems with weight and hair growth. if it wasnt for the scan i would never no i had it.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"