• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

who else is working out ? gym/yoga anyone ?

miel

Married to an amazing guy
Reaction score
i plan on still working out during my pregnancy ...i usually do 2 or 3 workout at the gym a week (stairmaster mostly ) and 1.5 hour yoga every Saturday .

Part of me think is fine part of me is a little scare of doing it still....i went last night to the gym and i did 45 minutes workout instead of 60 minutes and lower my intensity level ...hope i am doing the right thing...

Since I found out i was pregnant I honestly have not been to they gym, and I was crazy regular prior to that. Its really because i'm nervous about anything I do that might mess up this pregnancy because of my m/c history, which I know doesn't make sense, but still, just being (overly) cautious. I was gonna wait a while before going back, but i might just go do some cardio here and there to keep the blood circulating. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by decreasing the intensity, I guess its just to listen to your body.

I talked to my doctor about this and she said as long as you were active before you can carry on as normal. If your able to sing during your workout you are not working hard enough but you should still be able to talk without being too breathless. I have done step aerobics since before I was pregnant and have carried on with them still but I find at the end of class I am more breathless that I used to be and I hav to take more water breaks. Just make sure you take plenty of water breaks and don't get too overheated.

Hi Miel,
I am still keeping up jogging and yoga. Jogging in particular is quite controversial in pregnancy because it is high impact, but I have lowered the intensity and I am hoping it will be OK. I did stop jogging altogether for a few weeks but I missed it too much and had to go back to it.

I am also still attending my regular yoga class which is intermediate level. I told my yoga teacher about the pregnancy in confidence and she advises me on which postures not to do or how to modify them. I wouldn't be mad on going to pregnancy yoga classes at this stage as I think they would be too basic. But I'll see how things go.

I think the most important thing is just to listen to your body and if you get any sort of cramp or funny feeling or get overheated or breathless, to listen to that and stop. Once you are feeling OK I think that exercise can only be beneficial.

For me personally, if I was to give up jogging and yoga I would probably get very depressed (as this is what has happened to me before). I need to exercise in order to stay sane and mentally and physically healthy. I think this has to be good for baby too!!

I got so sick at 5.5 weeks that I stopped altogether (not that I was in great shape anyways). When I spoke to my OB at 13 weeks she said it was best for me not to start again as my body was still in the early stages and trying to in her words hold onto my pregnancy. BUT I hadn't worked out in ages so my body wasn't used to it

thank girls :)
yep i like my routine and i think that will help do avoid to pack some pregnancy extra pounds that i will not need anyway ....i know i will gain weight but i don't to gain anything that i am not suppose to !

i will ask advice tot he doc on friday too about it...

I asked my doctor about it yesterday when I went for my first appointment and he said it was fine to carry on as normal. However because I am so nervous I am going to stop running on the roads (I normally do 4miles about three times each week) and go to the gym instead. That way I can stop if I need to and not worry about how to get home! I will also probably stop running and do cycling or cross trainer instead which are a bit less 'jolty'.

Cat
x

I asked my doctor about it yesterday when I went for my first appointment and he said it was fine to carry on as normal. However because I am so nervous I am going to stop running on the roads (I normally do 4miles about three times each week) and go to the gym instead. That way I can stop if I need to and not worry about how to get home! I will also probably stop running and do cycling or cross trainer instead which are a bit less 'jolty'.

Cat
x

how many weeks are you Cattia?:hugs:

Only 5 weeks tomorrow. Seems like an eternity and it is only 1 week since I found out *sigh*

Only 5 weeks tomorrow. Seems like an eternity and it is only 1 week since I found out *sigh*

same as you for me i will be 5 weeks on sunday i think :rofl:

This has already been the longest week of my life. What are the next 8 months going to be like?

Hi ladies, I have kept up all my exercise so far I am a personal trainer part time so I have been training others also which is a little tiring .... At the moment I have just took out all sprinting and replaced it with steady state cardio at a slower pace than normal.. Done the great run in dublin on sunday and was fine.. As for weight just higher the reps and lower the weight. No exercise should be preformed on your back after the first tri. All you need to remember is to listen to your body and make sure not to exer yourself too much.

I was active before pregnancy, and I definitely planned to continue with working out (lighter than usual, but still being active), but at first I was so paranoid that I didn't really do anything other than long walks, and then within a week or two (by 5 or 6 weeks) being active is the last thing I've felt like doing. I have been so nauseous and tired that working out has been the last thing on my mind. I have continued taking walks with my husband though.

Hi ladies, I have kept up all my exercise so far I am a personal trainer part time so I have been training others also which is a little tiring .... At the moment I have just took out all sprinting and replaced it with steady state cardio at a slower pace than normal.. Done the great run in dublin on sunday and was fine.. As for weight just higher the reps and lower the weight. No exercise should be preformed on your back after the first tri. All you need to remember is to listen to your body and make sure not to exer yourself too much.

thank you lindak ! great advice for the weight reps :)

No way - I did that run as well! It was a beautiful day for it wasn't it? Sunny but not too warm. I took it easy and didn't overexert myself so obviously my time was slower than last year but I'm really glad that I went ahead with the run.

I just went to the gym and have booked a consultation with a personal trainer. It only costs £10 and I figured it's about time I got a new programme anyway since I have been running on the road for ages so away from the gym. Hopefully they will advise a good programme that keeps up my CV without being too high impact. Will let you know.

Cat
x

No way - I did that run as well! It was a beautiful day for it wasn't it? Sunny but not too warm. I took it easy and didn't overexert myself so obviously my time was slower than last year but I'm really glad that I went ahead with the run.

you must live close by girls!!!

I've put my running on hold for a while. I would just feel too nervous if I started jogging in case I did some damage. I can always get back into it afterwards!

My mum told me about yoga and swimming classes for pregnant women in a gym near her, but you can only do the yoga after the first trimester so I'll just hang on till then.

In the meantime I have a pretty boisterous wee beagle who I am walking everyday. Had such a sore head today though, felt I was going to faint in the park. not good :/

Hi,

I am at about the same stage as you miel. I am not a super committed exerciser, but have been really motivated to stay consistent since I got my BFP. I feel like I'm staying healthy for someone other than me now!

This is my first pregnancy, so there's a small part of me that's nervous to do too much, but I know that exercising is better than being sedentary for my growing baby.

I am walking 30-45 mins on the treadmill (usually doing intervals of speed and incline) every other day and then also doing some light weight training two days a week on non-walking days. I'm feeling great so far, and it's helping me not to feel tired or sluggish I think.

I say you should definitely exercise in moderation, but I think your body will tell you if you're overdoing it!

i was jogging 5x a week until about 12 weeks (im just a few days short of 14 weeks) , but then i started noticed my stomach muscles were feeling very stretched and tender ( i think my bump was starting too pop) after so i started using the bikes, walking and the cross trainer. now i have also started swimming 3x a week, which im loving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"