who else is working out ? gym/yoga anyone ?

Hello all, whilst we were trying to conceive i joined my local 'curves' gym so had been going there 4 times per week (its a 30 minute workout sort of like circuit training, you spend 30seconds on each station - there are about 20 and you go round the circuit 3 times) so anyway i told them when i found out (at 5 weeks) they said that it would be good to carry on as it will help me throughout the pregnancy and to miss out a couple of the tummy machines. so i am only going 3 times per week now and if i dont feel quite up to it then i just do the circuit twice instead of 3 times.

as for yoga, i also go to a class once per week for a hour and a quarter. this is taught by my mother in law who has now banished me until the middle of june!! She researched it and you shouldnt do yoga until the 2nd trimester because you shouldnt really overstretch yourself. she gave me a book on pregnancy yoga and it basically has one page for 1st tri to say dont do it then 60 odd pages for the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

i hope this helps x

as for yoga, i also go to a class once per week for a hour and a quarter. this is taught by my mother in law who has now banished me until the middle of june!! She researched it and you shouldnt do yoga until the 2nd trimester because you shouldnt really overstretch yourself. she gave me a book on pregnancy yoga and it basically has one page for 1st tri to say dont do it then 60 odd pages for the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

i hope this helps x

Regarding the yoga, my instructor is a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher and has also had children herself and practiced yoga through her pregnancy. Basically what she told me was that she would never advise a beginner or someone who had only been doing yoga for a couple of years to practice in the First Trimester as you may inadvertently not be doing the postures correctly. However I have been doing yoga for over 10 years and she said that it is fine to continue with modifications throughout pregnancy.

Hi, i was active before i conceived and i am continuing with this. I go to an aerobics class each week-i just don't do sit ups now, and i swim 3 times per week and do an aqua classs. i make sure i don't get out of breath, and listen to my body. My pregnancy is going smoothly so far-no sign of sickness and i honestly believe, the healthier your body is, the healthier your pregnancy will be. It is also meant to help with the labour as well, so keep it up-but adapt certain parts and don't push yourself so hard! :hug:

I've stopped running for now as since I got pregnant my knees have been really painful - I tend to get fluid build up there so guess I've got a bit of water retention going on. I've got my place sorted for the Great North Run this year but I think at 7 months pregnant I'll have to miss that one as it would be pushing it :rofl: - annoying though as I love half marathons :hissy:

I also do pilates (every night at home) and once a week in class. My instructor has said to continue as normal until 12 weeks and then we will keep an eye on the stomach muscles and based on that we will decide how much ab work to do. My evening sessions at home are dropping slowly due to fatigue and sickness now though :(

Oh and I've given up horse riding temporarily because a) it doesn't really help the nausea, b) don't want to risk falling and c) get the odd dizzy spell and don't really want to pass out and fall into a road whilst out riding. God I miss riding :(

Hi ladies, I have kept up all my exercise so far I am a personal trainer part time so I have been training others also which is a little tiring .... At the moment I have just took out all sprinting and replaced it with steady state cardio at a slower pace than normal.. Done the great run in dublin on sunday and was fine.. As for weight just higher the reps and lower the weight. No exercise should be preformed on your back after the first tri. All you need to remember is to listen to your body and make sure not to exer yourself too much.

No way - I did that run as well! It was a beautiful day for it wasn't it? Sunny but not too warm. I took it easy and didn't overexert myself so obviously my time was slower than last year but I'm really glad that I went ahead with the run.

LOL Yes it was a great day I took it at a slower pacce also ! Really had agreat day and loved the new route !!

i hope this helps x

Regarding the yoga, my instructor is a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher and has also had children herself and practiced yoga through her pregnancy. Basically what she told me was that she would never advise a beginner or someone who had only been doing yoga for a couple of years to practice in the First Trimester as you may inadvertently not be doing the postures correctly. However I have been doing yoga for over 10 years and she said that it is fine to continue with modifications throughout pregnancy.

well I have been going for about 3 years. Maybe my mother in law is just being over carefull as its her first grandchild x

well I have been going for about 3 years. Maybe my mother in law is just being over carefull as its her first grandchild x

Yes could be!! Also unless she has specific training in pregnancy yoga she might not be able to give you the proper guidance. Better safe than sorry I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->