who else was told they will be considered high risk

LondonBean

Reaction score
I went to the OBGYN yesterday and the doctor told me I would be considered high risk when I get pregnant because of my heart condition and asthma. Is there anybody else who knows they will be considered high risk or has gone through a pregnancy with similar conditions?

I was high risk due to bleeding. I was also monitored by the cardiologist due to the possibility I might have a rare heart condition. It's stressful, but I got tons of ultrasounds which was actually nice. For me everything went perfectly well and I hope you will have the same luck!

I will be considered high risk because of my lupus and past history of recurrent miscarriages....

I wish you luck on conceiving and an uneventful pregnancy. I feel strange trying to get pregnant not knowing what it will do to my health.

What exactly are the risks for you (unless you don't feel comfortable sharing) Is is something that as long as you are monitored you will be ok?

Ill be considered high risk because I have a history of severe depression, and in my last pregnancyI had unexplained bleeding and pre eclampsia. Ive been told they'll simply keep a closer eye on me, give me more checkups, and if things start going south, they'll consider keeping me on bedrest, inducing me early, or giving me a c-section :)

I have pulmonic stenosis and moderate to severe asthma. I just had an echo stress test and I am meeting with a congenital cardiologist in January.
I just hope they don't use high risk as an excuse to do a cesarean and I wonder how much I will live at the doctor's office.

What exactly are the risks for you (unless you don't feel comfortable sharing) Is is something that as long as you are monitored you will be ok?

I'll be TTC from next cycle :)

I'm high risk because I have Sjogren's Syndrome and have anti-Ro antibodies. I have a few other autoantibodies, but the anti-Ro are the ones I need to worry about in pregnancy. They can cross the placenta and permanently damage the electrical system of the baby's heart, meaning the baby will have an abnormally slow heartbeat and at best will need a lifelong pacemaker :( LO could also get neonatal lupus, which goes away once the antibodies clear from their system, but isn't nice while it's there.

I'll be scanned every 2-3 weeks after week 18 until birth to check on the baby's heart rate and growth. I'll also be getting myself a doppler to use at home for my own peace of mind!

I'm also at increased risk of pre-eclampsia as my Mum had it with me, so will have extra-careful monitoring for that. There's a chance pregnancy will improve my health but it's common to have a bad flare shortly after giving birth.

I was originally hoping for a home birth but that won't be happening now, the risks are too great - I'm not going to be able to give birth anywhere but a consultant-led labour ward. But if that's what has to happen to ensure my LO is safe, then that's what will happen :)

I will be considered high risk because of my lupus and past history of recurrent miscarriages....

I have lupus as well, do you know whether your previous miscarriages where due to the lupus? This is my biggest fear.

I was med high risk because of age and bmi, when I develped GD I went to high risk. My asthma however was unaffected by being pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->