Who else will be trying for #1 in August 2016?

MissYogi

Expecting #1
Reaction score
Assuming my cycles stay regular on 28 days, my first O date after my wedding will be August 6th. Anybody else starting to try around then? I am waiting for my #1!

Me :) although it's more likely to be September because we're off to Vegas at the start of September for our anniversary and I want to be able to enjoy our time there without the potential of morning sickness, any issues from the high temperatures or having to give up alcohol before celebrating. You never know, I may be bringing a passenger back with me!

Yay! Definitely try to bring a passenger back! I'm also hoping to bring a passenger back from my honeymoon, although I don't think it will line up with O date since we will be returning on July 30th. But at least I will get to not have to be careful and worry about protection! How long have you been married?

Hi ladies, I am also plan on starting my TTC journey during that time, though am more leaning to September than August. DH surprised me by saying he wanted to start in June. :) If he does get his way our 1st would be coming anytime near his birthday which is in March. However am secretly hoping we wait until September to start. Depending on how things are looking I might just give in and start NTNP around june.

Yay! Definitely try to bring a passenger back! I'm also hoping to bring a passenger back from my honeymoon, although I don't think it will line up with O date since we will be returning on July 30th. But at least I will get to not have to be careful and worry about protection! How long have you been married?

We've been married for 3 1/2 years and together for a couple of months short of 9 years now so we've had great fun during that time and travelled lots. Ive been uber broody for years and waiting for DH to catch me up on that. Now that he's agreed I'm trying not to mention it too much in case he changes his mind! Until August anyway and then it's game on!

How long have you and you SO been together? Where are you going on honeymoon? Xx

Hi ladies, I am also plan on starting my TTC journey during that time, though am more leaning to September than August. DH surprised me by saying he wanted to start in June. :) If he does get his way our 1st would be coming anytime near his birthday which is in March. However am secretly hoping we wait until September to start. Depending on how things are looking I might just give in and start NTNP around june.

Hi :) I think I'd probably give in too with an offer like that haha. We'll be the same if we catch a sticky one in September because we'd be due around the time of DHs birthday lol

Sophima, what makes you want to wait until September rather than June? Maybe a compromise, like going for August or July instead to make you feel ready and Oh feel like it's soon enough.

Peasncarrot, we have been together just over four years, engaged for a year and a half. Our wedding is July 16th and we both want to try to a baby right away. We are not extremely traditional and we've been living together for 2 years so honestly we would rather start trying right now but I don't think my family would like that, and I want to not worry about being super big or not being able to drink for the wedding so we are waiting. We are just both so baby crazy right now! We keep looking at baby stuff whenever we go grocery shopping and trying to hold back on buying cute baby stuff.

Lol I think our HD want their first to be close to their birthdays, how sweet. Congrats on getting married guys I wish you lots of happiness and prosperity to come. And of course lots of babu dust

I actually wanted to wait until September because we might travel during the summer and it will be a hectic period, really don't want to be pregnant during that time, if we get a sticky right away. I also want to start REALLY preparing my body for September like taking daily vitamins and even something with folic acid. They say its good to do this even before falling pregnant.

Makes sense. Ya I have heard to start taking prenatals at least three months before TTC. I'm just working through my bottle of multivitamins and once they are done I will start taking my prenatals. I also want to make sure I'm actually getting my 30 minutes of real exercise each day. Although I am quite active (being a grade 5 teacher kind of forces me to be active) I should be doing an extra 30 minutes which I am not currently.

I've startetd taking folic acid already, I read somewhere that the earlier you start with it the better, but after this packet I'll be upgrading that to a proper pre-natal with zinc etc in it as well.

i'm not too bad on the activity front, I go spinning three or four times a week and run once or twice (I hate running but it's fab for weight loss and toning so I do it anyway!). I fit other gym classes in as and when I can.

I know what you mean about the temptation to start buying bits and pieces, I've resisted so far but I've promised myself a pair of baby booties from the Bubba Gump shop when we're in Orlando in a couple of months...they've got peas and carrots on them so I can't not!!

Makes sense. Ya I have heard to start taking prenatals at least three months before TTC. I'm just working through my bottle of multivitamins and once they are done I will start taking my prenatals. I also want to make sure I'm actually getting my 30 minutes of real exercise each day. Although I am quite active (being a grade 5 teacher kind of forces me to be active) I should be doing an extra 30 minutes which I am not currently.

Sounds great. Well you have a plan and a little goal before starting ttc so that will keep you occupied and not going baby crazy:thumbup:. But believe me the time seems to be flying so fast, it's like am grletting nervous

I've startetd taking folic acid already, I read somewhere that the earlier you start with it the better, but after this packet I'll be upgrading that to a proper pre-natal with zinc etc in it as well.

i'm not too bad on the activity front, I go spinning three or four times a week and run once or twice (I hate running but it's fab for weight loss and toning so I do it anyway!). I fit other gym classes in as and when I can.

I know what you mean about the temptation to start buying bits and pieces, I've resisted so far but I've promised myself a pair of baby booties from the Bubba Gump shop when we're in Orlando in a couple of months...they've got peas and carrots on them so I can't not!!

:happydance: how can you not resist, I understand the temptation. Its like everywhere I go all I see is baby stuff and babies, its like everyone around me is falling pregnant. I am happy for them but sad for me cause I am on this wait:nope:

Wow, you are so ready already! I have heard the same, that it doesn't do any harm to start the prenatals as early as possible and might be for the best. I just think I should finish up the regular multivitamins first so they don't go to waste.

The booties sound so cute! I'm thinking that I might get some cute baby thing on our honeymoon cruise (maybe in celebration of conception!!).

Wow, you are so ready already! I have heard the same, that it doesn't do any harm to start the prenatals as early as possible and might be for the best. I just think I should finish up the regular multivitamins first so they don't go to waste.

The booties sound so cute! I'm thinking that I might get some cute baby thing on our honeymoon cruise (maybe in celebration of conception!!).

I've been ready to start ttc for years and just waiting on DH getting to the right place where he's ready to start too. For a while it seemed like everyone around me was falling pregnant, it was heart wrenching for a while but I got some really good tips from them all including starting prenatals early. Plus it's giving me something to focus on so I don't get obsessed with peeing on sticks etc :blush:

How's everybody doing? Anyone getting really impatient yet? I know I am! I worked it out to be around 27 weeks until we start ttc. Determined not to obsess too much but I've taken to stalking the forums and reading what everyone else is getting up to in a few of the other threads and forums on B&B :shhh:

Soooooo impatient! I have definitely also been stalking the forums, probably to the point of unhealthy obsession, let's be honest. This week I got a bad stomach flu and was throwing up but there was definitely a small bit of me hoping that it was just that a sneaky sperm got through. Although I am not excited to be nauseous like that for so many months!

I'm sure the wait will be over before we know it, and then FX that we all get lucky first try!

So far this weekend two of my friends have announced their pregnancies in two days :wacko: alcohol is my friend at the moment :haha:

Oh that is the worst! It's so tough to be supportive and kind like you should be but secretly feel so jealous. It's nearly the end of February though, our wait will be over in no time!

You're so right, it's just 5 months to August and 6 months until September now so it'll fly in :). Until then I'll enjoy wine, cocktails, beer and bikinis haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->