Who had negative pg tests, period, then positive?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jonnanne3, Oct 6, 2008.

1. jonnanne3

jonnanne3 Our miracle is HERE!

Just curious? Has anyone had negative pg test, then normal period, then positive? Is it possible? Thanks in advance ladies........

2. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

i had what i thought was a light period, for a couple days, but it was implantation bleeding. i don't know of anyone whose had that exact situation with a full period.. but i have heard of people that do infact have periods throughout their pregnancy!

3. jonnanne3

Thank you..... I don't know what is going on with me, but I tested right before my period and got a whole lot of evaps on IC's but then my period came and it was normal. But I decided this morning (CD8) to test because my coffee tastes like SH** and I feel sick to my stomach and all 3 were positive! Now I am wondering if I miscarried and didn't even know it or am I pregnant?

4. Shazzy

Shazzy Well-Known Member

Hi, i had some spotting, took a test it was negitive, then had some bleeding, thought it was af, a couple of day later i had some more spotting, (not the norm for me) then took a preg test and it was positive, went for blood work to confirm and it was a BFP. Im still spotting on and off went for my second blood test today to see if eveything is progressing smoothly.

5. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

Good luck Hun ...
    I would ask Doc for a blood test , But it is very possible to happen . xxx .

6. jonnanne3

I have called the doctor and I am just waiting to hear what they suggest. Thanks ladies!

7. charveyron

charveyron Expecting our 4th-A GIRL!

good luck hope its good news for you x

8. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Id ask the doctor for a blood test to confirm as false positives do happen
    Good Luck
    X

9. jonnanne3

I have heard of false positives, however I did take 2 different brands of preg tests and they were all positive. I am waiting to see what the doctor says. I should hear something from them within the hour I would think. Even if I am not, I would still like to know what happened and why did I get those results.

10. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

I would say its deffinate a positive hun , I just hope it hasnt been a Chemical pregnancy .
    But some women do just bleed through pregnancy without any explanation .
    I hope Dr rings u soon to let you know , Will look out for your result hun good luck . xx .

11. jonnanne3

Thank you ladies.... I am off to go get a blood test and I should have the results tomorrow. Thank you again!