Who hasn't given their child the mmr?

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
Do you regret your decision?
What were/are your reasons for not immunising?

Poppy has had all the jabs after birth (I can't remember what they're against now :dohh: but we went 3 times within a space of 6 weeks apart starting at 10weeks)

She hasn't had a booster for these and tbh I'm dubious about any other vaccines and boosters after doing research :shrug:

I think I just want some reassurance

please no mummy bashing I genuinely want answers from people who haven't immunised. I don't want a huge debate :flower:

Good luck on the no debate ;)

I have not and will not vaccinate my son.

I have several objections to the ingredients in vaccines, at least in the US.

The MMR, DTap, and other live virus vaccines contain aborted fetal cells. I am Catholic and have an ethical objection to that.

All (or literally almost all) vaccines contain some form of Aluminum as an irritant, to stimulate the immune system. Aluminum is a neurotoxin. I am extremely uncomfortable with injecting known neurotoxins into my child's body as his brain is doing the most development it ever will in his life. I'm not saying vaccines cause neurological disorders (since you can't say "Vaccines cause Autism" nowdays are you are a conspiracy theorist or something), but injecting KNOWN neurotoxins into your child's body can't be good for it.

Formaldehyde is also used as a preservative. Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen. I choose NOT to inject that into my child.

Personal choice for me. I cannot reconcile the above items. It might make a difference that I recently lost my Mother to a degenerative neurological disorder (cause not known) so I am wary about neurotoxins and medicines that alter the function of the brain.

Completely understand as I've read the ingredients In Vaccines and they're just shocking. Also neurological illness play a huge part in my family I have MS and my brother has crohn's not to mention other family members having various other conditions.

It's just so scary and seeing as it can't be proven where they come from I'm very very wary

My daughter had the first lot, up to 16 weeks I think, she won't be having any more, I have done huge amounts of research and I think my main reason for not vaccinating is that it's normal and natural for children for get certain illnesses and if supported properly there should be no further problems. I read raising the unvaccinated child.. Brilliant book!!
Good luck mama
Oh, she's being homeopathiclly detoxed from her first vaccines at the moment and her eczema has gone and the cradle cap is well on its way out. :)

My daughter had the first lot, up to 16 weeks I think, she won't be having any more, I have done huge amounts of research and I think my main reason for not vaccinating is that it's normal and natural for children for get certain illnesses and if supported properly there should be no further problems. I read raising the unvaccinated child.. Brilliant book!!
Good luck mama
Oh, she's being homeopathiclly detoxed from her first vaccines at the moment and her eczema has gone and the cradle cap is well on its way out. :)

Interesting, how does that work then? X

I took her to a homeopath, talked through symptoms, what vaccines she's had then she created the remedies for her. She has one every morning, every night and a extra one once a week. :)

We have not vaccinated DD and we do not intend to.

We definitely don't regret our decision. She's happy and healthy (has not been sick yet) and has never been to a doctor.

I've written up my reasons so often in the past that I'll just share this link instead. It summarises my reasons almost exactly! :thumbup:https://thankyourbody.com/why-we-chose-not-to-vaccinate-our-child/

We didn't with Dd but have recently had her vaccinated due to the measles outbreak in UK as we live not too far from it. I thought we were doing the right thing at the time even though everyone was against it, but since the outbreak I just felt it was best for her. One of my friends children has a lowered immune system and can't have the vaccination and she has had to withdraw him from school as there have been cases of measles in their school. She also can't take him to playground and parks at the moment because of the risk of him catching it. I think there is something to be said for 'herd immunity' protecting the weaker. When I thought about Dd catching it and any complications from that I felt it was time to vaccinate. I have watched all of my friends children that have been vaccinated over the past 6/7 years and they don't seem to have had any ill effects from it. I know they may not show up yet if anything was wrong but even so. So on balance we decided it was time, she has had them now and I feel happy with my decision.
Like a PP said, you will NEVER get everyone to agree. It's about doing the research yourself, balancing the thoughts of how would you feel if LO developed complications from the vaccine? Would you feel you had done the right thing? What if they caught measles from another child and developed complications from something that could have been prevented?
Only you can make those decisions, you need to be the one who is ok with whatever the out one may be. So whatever you decide don't let anyone put you off your desicion. Research and decide for yourself.
Good luck with whichever way you go!
Xx

Good luck on the no debate ;)

I have not and will not vaccinate my son.

I have several objections to the ingredients in vaccines, at least in the US.

The MMR, DTap, and other live virus vaccines contain aborted fetal cells. I am Catholic and have an ethical objection to that.

All (or literally almost all) vaccines contain some form of Aluminum as an irritant, to stimulate the immune system. Aluminum is a neurotoxin. I am extremely uncomfortable with injecting known neurotoxins into my child's body as his brain is doing the most development it ever will in his life. I'm not saying vaccines cause neurological disorders (since you can't say "Vaccines cause Autism" nowdays are you are a conspiracy theorist or something), but injecting KNOWN neurotoxins into your child's body can't be good for it.

Formaldehyde is also used as a preservative. Formaldehyde is a known human carcinogen. I choose NOT to inject that into my child.

Personal choice for me. I cannot reconcile the above items. It might make a difference that I recently lost my Mother to a degenerative neurological disorder (cause not known) so I am wary about neurotoxins and medicines that alter the function of the brain.

Pretty much the same for us and DD.

Neither of my kids have had MMR (DS1 will be 3 in sept. DS2 is almost one and a half).
We didn't get them for the same reason we didn't get any other vaccines for DS2 and why DS1 only had one vaccine. So we just didn't get it bc we dont vax. Too many reasons to get into it. But when it came down to it, i felt personal moral/faith convictions to not vax, amongst many other reasons.
I dont regret not getting it. Im not naive, im sure my kids will get these disease, i just dont believe they will die from them or get super extreme bc we have acess to good healthcare and they are no immunocompromised. So for me, the risk of getting the vaccine is greater than the risk of them contracting the illness. Answers like the above ring true as well as many other health factors. And again, i have a moral conviction, so for that i wouldn't regurdless.

We chose not to vaccinate with our youngest. Prior four were vaccinated. Although my youngest is only 2.5 years old she has never been sick. (unless you count a fever for 24 hours one time, and a runny nose for 24 hours on two separate occasions). My other kids were always sick with one thing or another. I am so happy I made this switch and I do not regret it one bit. I try to stay away from fear mongers who try to get me to doubt my decisions. My gut instinct told me to stop vaccinating with her and all the things I read after just solidified that for me. I agree with MissPriss on everything she said!

I try to stay away from fear mongers who try to get me to doubt my decisions. My gut instinct told me to stop vaccinating with her and all the things I read after just solidified that for me.

Yes. This!

never vaccinated my LO for my own personal reasons

I haven't vaccinated for pretty much all the reasons as previously mentioned. If my daughter wants to be vaccinated when she's older that's her decision

My first has had everything except MMR. I have no plans to get the vaccine unless there's an outbreak. My second, hasn't had vaccines yet, I declined the hep B cuz seriously how will a newborn get an STD unless I had it....all other vaccines will be a case by case basis. I'm not against thm I just think we go overboard and I don't just say yes to whatever is routine. Won't give her the chickenpox one because I had the chickenpox and survived, just seems silly to inject chemicals for something so benign. I swear they'd give vaccines for the common cold if they had one!!!

We delayed my daughters mmr and she has just had It age 7. I will vacinate J against mmr but not at 13mths....

I'm still a little on the fence about vaccinations, but have decided to at least wait until my kids reach school age. Before that, they will mostly be home with me, and probably playing with a pretty limited amount of other kids, just because that's how it usually works out when kids are so young and live in a somewhat rural area. So I don't think they will be exposed to very much as small children, so at that time the risks of vaccination outweigh the possible benefits to me.

Once they get up to school age, I'll re-evaluate. I feel like vaccinations are safer for older children than tiny babies anyway, so I would be more open at that point, but again, I'll evaluate them each on a case by case basis.

My son has had all "required" vaccines, but has not had chickenpox or MMR.
Our vaccine schedule works slightly differently to US and UK in that we have the "required" vaccines provided by the state, and then optional extras which can be done on a private basis.

I've always been hesitant about the chickenpox vacc as I truly don't think it's necessary. But my paed tried to scaremonger us into getting it. Thankfully when I went there was no stock so we couldn't get it, and I've since decided I'm actually just going to skip it. It's really not such a bad disease.

Measles on it's own is a required vacc, but not the MMR. I initially really did want him to have the MMR because I had Mumps as a kid and got encephalitis with it and ya, it was not good. We actually think it was the cause of my epilepsy. So I really didn't want him getting that. But yet again, there was no stock when I went. Or when I phoned 4 other times. So he's just had the stand-alone measles vacc and I don't think I'm going to bother with the MMR now.

I'm not willing to not vaccinate at all as I do think a number of the vaccs are important to prevent seriously life threatening illnesses or majorly debilitating illnesses. I'm not willing to risk those. But I do think some are just for convenience and not as necessary (e.g. chickenpox) and so I'm willing to not get those as I do think we are headed towards over-vaccinating. It is important for kids to get sick for their immune systems to build etc, but I'm not willing to risk life threatening illnesses.

However, I have very recently discovered it is possible to get homeopathic vaccines so that's something I might look into in the future if we ever have another baby.

My son (And me, actually!) Have never, ever had a single vaccine (Except me, I had a Hep B at birth, which is great because now they are linking the Hep B shot to MS :nope: ) , and my son has never been sick once, minus a bout of Rosella, which was extremely mild and he now has immunity to it :happydance:

I have a compromised immune system as it is (Red hair + Eczema = excruciatingly low immune system) so I was sick a lot (Nothing serious, common cold, flu, et cetera, same thing as everybody else lol) but thus far, Isiah has been great :) (He also had raw honey since 2 months old, and fresh raw goat milk instead of formula, so that helped his immune system a LOT!)

What I am getting at is that, no, not ONCE do I regret not injecting mercury (Yes, it's still in there in the form of Thimerisol (sp?) ) , aluminum, aborted fetal cells, monkey cell tissue, etc. .. nothing good at all lol. You're not EVER compromising your child if you will raise them healthy. :thumbup:

My son (And me, actually!) Have never, ever had a single vaccine (Except me, I had a Hep B at birth, which is great because now they are linking the Hep B shot to MS :nope: ) , and my son has never been sick once, minus a bout of Rosella, which was extremely mild and he now has immunity to it :happydance:

I have a compromised immune system as it is (Red hair + Eczema = excruciatingly low immune system) so I was sick a lot (Nothing serious, common cold, flu, et cetera, same thing as everybody else lol) but thus far, Isiah has been great :) (He also had raw honey since 2 months old, and fresh raw goat milk instead of formula, so that helped his immune system a LOT!)

What I am getting at is that, no, not ONCE do I regret not injecting mercury (Yes, it's still in there in the form of Thimerisol (sp?) ) , aluminum, aborted fetal cells, monkey cell tissue, etc. .. nothing good at all lol. You're not EVER compromising your child if you will raise them healthy. :thumbup:

Well, they removed Thimerosal from all required childhood vaccines in the US, but they replaced it with 2-Phenoxyethanol in some, which isn't mercury but it is very toxic. May even be worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->