Who Hates Your Baby Name?

sfaulk1

Me, DH, DS
Reaction score
This past weekend, my husband and I told our families the baby names we chose for each gender. Well, my dad hates the boy name we picked! My mom, mother-in-law and father-in-law like the names. I feel so bad that we can't please everyone lol, but it is OUR baby haha

The girl name we chose is: Whitney Reid
The boy name we chose is: Noah Graham

So, who in your family or friends doesn't like your name?

I told my two best friends our boys name we picked and one loves it the other hates it.

I don't really care what anyone else thinks :p i think most names grow on people after they are born anyway :)

My SIL didnt tell anybody their ideas for names specifically cause my BIL (major jerk) would hate anything anybody said. My daughters is named of OHs grandma and her middle name is after my grandma (both passed one before becoming pregnant) so nobody could say a damn thing about the name.

And this baby...well I am pretty opinionated so nobody will really say anything cause Id snap. Well BIL will but thats cause we dont like each other lol

I love you names! Like you said cant please everybody.

This is why I dont tell til they are born, they wont be game to tell you they hate it when the baby is here! (and if they do that says more about them than the name!)

I don't think anyone is really in love with the name we picked. But we like it and that's all that matters. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. I love the name Noah ;)

So far no one has had anything negative to say about the name we picked. We chose Alexander Thomas, and everyone so far has liked it. At least they say they do!

We haven't really picked out the names, but my boyfriend brought up Yemaya (Goddess of the ocean and protector of children) I love the meaning but I don't know about the name. Told my mom and sister they didn't like it.

We also don't tell anyone till birth as we don't want to deal with anyones opinions. lol

Noah is a great name!

So far no one has made any comments about our names. I'm sure some people don't like them, but you please everyone.

we had picked Matilda everyone hated it so much we changed it to Emma

Omg! I know how you feel!
We're having a boy and I told my mom were naming him Timothy Jacob because my husbands name, his dad's name and his grandpas name is Tim..
She told me I'm not naming my son that.. I pretty much told her if she wants to name a baby, have one lol..
My dad likes it though.. He's already calling him junior! Lol

I'm naming my daughter Ariel because I love The Little Mermaid and because it means Lamb of God. Idgaf what anyone has to say. :D

with DS, I was trying to come up with girls names, just in case. One of the names I had picked out was Chloe Annabelle. My mom didn't like it. She said Chloe reminded her of a cat she had growing up, and Annabelle reminded her of a cow. I still love the name, but did pick another name. I don't remember what that name was other than first name was Brianne.

My dad seems to have something to say about every name we mention, so when we finally picked our boy and girl name, we decided to keep it secret until birth. Because even though it really only matters if DH and I like it, it still sort of "ruins" it for me when I know my family doesn't like it.

We aren't telling most people until he's born. I have told a few of my close friends and they all (say) they like it.

We're naming our son Elisha Abner I've gotten a lot of compliments but my fil response was where the heck did u come up with that? Other than that & some ppl being dumb thinking it's pronounced Alicia for some reason not too much negative feedback.

It's why we've never mentioned the names before baby is born. Lol! Btw I love the boys name;) my DS is noah

My mil started a huge thing when we announced our sons name I couldn't believe how childish she acted about not liking it but I didnt care and refused to change it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->