Who have you told and how early?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Moolia, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Moolia

Moolia Bfp 26/1/11 :)

Hey ladies, I got my :bfp: on Wednesday and am so excited! We have already told both sets of parents, my uncle, DH's brother and 2 of my friends, all in 3 days!!
    I don't regret telling them but I am nervous as it's so early! I've been having cramps and feeling wet down there so everytime I go to the toilet I'm worried I might see blood! But no, just quite a bit of watery cm!
    So I just wondered: who have you told and how early? I don't know how I'm going to keep it a secret (especially at work) for another 8 weeks!!

2. laila 44

laila 44 Well-Known Member

Hey! Congrats on your BFP! I told everyone close to us the minute the pee-stick turned positive! I was so excited :)

3. Tweak0605

Tweak0605 Mama of 1

Congrats!

Besides my husband, only my best friend knows. Actually, she was the first to know, as I tested 3 days before I actually told my husband. We're planning on waiting till 8 weeks or so until telling family and close friends. Then, probably around 12 weeks we'll make the big "facebook announcement" LOL

4. Jess812

Jess812 Jacob & Connor <3

Hiya, when i got my bfp we told my parents/siblings/grandparents an my DH told his parents an siblings :)

5. MrsKnapp

MrsKnapp Teeny bit preggers!!

The second after i told DH we are preggers, i called my twin sister. :happydance:
    We've told my mum and little brother and DH's mum, dad and sister.

Its DH's mum and dads first grand child so there were lots of jumping up and down and tears, this baby will be my mum's 7th grand child so she's quite used to tha announcements! lol:hugs:

6. bnt2010

bnt2010 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

We told everyone as soon as we found out, I was about 5 weeks along then. DH wanted to wait till after the first doctor visit, but I wanted people to know in case I was sick and didn't want to have to make up excuses... I'm glad now I didn't wait to tell.

7. Weeplin

Weeplin Proud mummy :)

Hey, congratulations!! I told my mum at 4 weeks...who then told my aunt without asking. Stepdad at 5 weeks...sisters at 5 weeks...etc I could go on...we only wanted to tell a few people but everyone has defied us and told everyone they know. :-(

8. Moolia

Moolia Bfp 26/1/11 :)

Thanks for your replies and your congratulations! Congratulations to all of you too! :)
    It makes me feel better to know that most of you told people straight away! It's just so exciting that I don't know how to keep it yo myself!
    It's my mum and dads first grandchild so they were over-the-moon and it's so lovely to share that with them and with my lovely DH :)

9. scots_mum

scots_mum Expecting no2

Not told anyone yet probably wait until 12 weeks

10. bumpno1

bumpno1 Well-Known Member

Im 5 weeks and I've told pretty much everyone i know! im regretting it now too and having the same things you've mentioned. I hope that as we're both having it its normal:)

11. K4tiemay

K4tiemay Well-Known Member

I told everyone last time and mc - I've still told close people this time, but no one who might tell anyone else and no one who I don't see. I just hated the part where I had to tell people I hadn't even seen in the meantime that I'd lost my baby. On the other hand, I would have wanted my close friends and family to know whether we'd miscarried or not.

12. Elegentric

Elegentric Well-Known Member

So far I've only told my best friend and a teacher I team-teach with. My first doctor's appt is 2/8 (I'll be 8 wks then). My b-day is that weekend after, so we're planning on telling our parents over my birthday dinner :)
    It's so hard not to tell people! One problem I'm running into is with my job. I'm a first year teacher and currently Texas schools are in a budget crisis. I'm trying to hide it at work as long as possible so that I don't end up being an easy lay-off for next year. I know that are not supposed to discriminate with pregnancy but I don't want to take a chance seeing how everyone's job for next year is uncertain right now. They may be more apt not to renew my contract if they know I'll only be there until Sept. then out until Jan.

13. bumpno1

bumpno1 Well-Known Member

how do you get the pictures underneath ur post? i want my growth chart there but it wont let me

14. Elegentric

Elegentric Well-Known Member

It wouldn't let me either until I had posted so many times. Keep posting on the forum and go back to your user cp to see if it lets you yet.

15. WinterSnow

WinterSnow Well-Known Member

Congrats on your BFP! I had the same feelings that you did but nothing ever happened - fortunatly now at 5 weeks 2 days that feeling is gone :)

We haven't told anyone yet and it's very hard. I have a friend who wants me to come pick out my bridesmaid dress for August! lol I might have to budge on this one before we go shoipping.

It's just so hard because I have known so many people to MC - one gal just announced she MC at 14 weeks (last week). I don't know when to call it 'safe' I suppose. I wish I knew! The wait is hard for me.

16. jett

jett Well-Known Member

first person I told after hubby was my twin too :)
    she told me first with hers, and made me promise she would be the first to know if I every got pregnant.

then my hubby's & my parents, sisters and brothers, a few very close friends and the guys at hubby's work ( they had to know as they were trying to play around with our insurance )

everyone else will be told after our next scan. We will not be quite 12 weeks then but if everything goes well I see no point waiting anymore :)

17. MRSRICHRS2K

MRSRICHRS2K Mummy of 3

We Told my parents and my sister n brother and Dh parents a few close neighbours know, but i'm guessing they'd of guessed anyway with me being sick every morning :haha:

18. Hi I'm Louise

Hi I'm Louise Well-Known Member

We've only told our parents and siblings so far. No one else needs to know just yet.

19. pictureperfec

pictureperfec mummy to Saskia

we told the world a couple of days after finding out, i sent pictures of the test to a couple of close friends then told the parents and then everyone else!!

20. loveylove

loveylove Well-Known Member

I'm just under 5 weeks and have told loads of people. I had to tell work due to nature of my job and guess we just got carried away and told loads more people!