Who have you told and when?

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
I have told my husband, my sister, my best friend, and my mom. That is it, because I am really really early...but I just HAD to tell someone! LOL!

Who have you told and how far along were you? Or, if not, what are your plans?

i have told my work (due to it being strenuous)
My mom :) my two aunts (well my mom told them lol)
And OH's mom oh and i have told a couple of my friends.

I told my mom right away, Oh told his mom after a week my friends also were told after a week, work i told after about a week and a half.

Pretty much everyone knows, as I've had to have time off work for IVF and all my friends and family know about the IVF, plus I had a 5 day hospital stay...So basically everyone was calling about the results lol.

I've been trying not to tell people but I can't help it! I'm just too excited! :happydance:

I've told my mom, brother, and sis, my DH has told his parents, and sisters. I've told my boss and my 2 best friends.

My scan is tomorrow and if all is good I may share some more! :)

I have told my boss, a few random co-workers, my sister, my husband, my hubby's parents and people on internet forums. We are telling my parents this coming weekend. I had my scan today, so I feel more comfortable telling people now.

I told my bf asap and hadn't on telling anyone else until after we were in the clear. But he got drunk one night and told his entire family which led to me having to tell mine so they wouldnt be upset hearing it from someone else. I told the girls at work a few days later just because they knew I was trying.

I called my mom literally as the tinkle was drying on the stick! And the hubby knew (as in he knew from the night we did the deed -- he's awesome like that)
Everyone at my work knows (they've known from about 8 weeks, as i work at an electronics store and one of my main jobs is carrying and moving tvs ; well not anymore! lol)
My mom's getting it around to all the family members on my side.
We told the hubby's rents and siblings around 8 weeks.
And some friends, when we see them :) And the hubby likes to tell everyone -- including a man at a pizza place, just cause he thought he should know :p
And then there's facebook, at around 8 weeks, i posted in my status I was going to be a mommy, so that covers all my friends on facebook :p
Oh and my mom likes to tell people I used to work with where she lives :p

I did my HPT with my hubby around, so he knew from the beginning. Other than that, I told the HR and my team lead at work at week 8 (cause I was feeling tired and bloated). Few days ago, told one of my colleague.

I am planning to tell my mom, dad, sis and bro when my nutchal scan is done, at week 12.... Probably will be a New Year surprise!... Also announce it at Facebook at the same time.

i have told my mum, my dad, and my best friend. my partner knew before we did the test!

i told them strait away, it worked out i was only 3 weeks at the time.

Told OH of course but he was skeptical until the second test as the first result was 12 dpo and light. Then after the early 8 week scan we told MIL and a few friends we could rely on to not be inconsiderate should things go wrong again. Oh and my boss as I sometimes work with dangerous substances.
OH told some people at work as he likes telling people. I'm a bit shy about it so I didn't tell anyone else until after the 12 week scan, then I made a general announcement to firends and family (that's what facebook is for right?). Just told my co-workers today as we had a christmas do and there was beer and wine, and frankly, IMO I'm getting huge--as I said to them, I'm not just extra fat, there's a baby in there.:haha:
I was kind of worried about telling some of my co-workers who don't have kids, as I don't know all of them well enough to know if they are 'child-less' or 'child-free' iykwim.

Well i told the OH straight away, this wasnt a planned pregancy so we were both in extream shock. I told my best mate a day later because i needed someone to talk to about it.

We have discussed telling people now the shock is wearing off but we are unsure when to. We first said after the first scan but I have since said i'd like to tell family earlier, I'd like to do it christmas day so we have been talking about that.

Told my mum the day I found out (tues)
Told my best friend the day after (weds)
Told inlaws that weekend (sun)
Told my boss and colleague that week as I was rushed to A&E..
Told my dad at 9 weeks, hehe.
And told my other best friend last night..

Everyone else gets it as a surprise at Christmas if all is well next week :D

No-one! I haven't seen my parents in the flesh yet, and we wanted to wait till then. (Tomorrow is the day!) We also wanted to wait until I had had the early scan that we booked so that we could check all was going as planned, what happens from now on is in the lap of the gods. The scan was perfect, heartbeat and everything so we're clear to tell. I wanted our parents to be the first to know, then friends etc. So my parents tomorrow, a few friends over Christmas and his mum next weekend when we see her. I think the husband has told a few work colleagues, but they don't count as I don't know them!

I told hubby as soon as i tested
Sister a few hours later
A couple of friends when i actully got to 4weeks
Mum, dad and FIL at 7weeks
Had a 8 week scan which was super so slowly we are telling friends, but won't put it on FB or other forums untill my 12 week scan

Congrats :thumbup:

nobody. only dh my 3yr old and my dr know. we are telling everyone else on christmas, i'm kinda glad that we've kept it a secret becuz my husbands grandpa died this past wednesday so christmas will be sad and we get to make a little bright spot for every one. altho dh's grandpa knew becuz he guessed it the last time dh talked to him. and he told everyone but we were able to convince them it was the meds talking.

Told mum and OH straight away (well OH read the test result before me! lol) Told my best friend a few days later.

That's it for now.

I got my BFP at 13DPO last saturday and I told my OH straight away and then did another test to make sure and then I rang my best friend. Then I went to my mums in the evening and told her and then told my step dad over the phone as he was away on business and then I told my sister and other friend. On the Sunday we told OH's parents and brother and my other sister :)

We have told my best friend and a good friend at work, that's it. We are hoping to wait to until the scan to tell everyone else. However, it is getting increasingly difficult!! x

i told my mum and dad and brothers straight away or an my nan lol...... but i havent really told any one else just you guys oh and ohs close family ooopss forgot about them lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->