Who have you told?

twinkletoes80

Pregnant with my first
Reaction score
I have only told one of my friends. It is so hard keeping it from people, but OH and I are agreed to keep it secret for as long as poss, preferably until 12 weeks. Although I am looking very bloated, and I see my parents frequently so I will probably tell them sooner before they guess it for themselves!!

Your mum probably already knows. its a mummy instinct, my mum knew before i did. :)

We have decided not to tell anyone only my sister but my mum guessed too! I think they just have a sixth sense or something haha

DH and my best friend know. we want to tell my parents and sister in person so we're waiting until we drive home labor day weekend to tell them. they're 3 hours away.

had to tell my landlord and his wife last night too. they were installing carpet in the basement below our apartment yesterday, because they're turning it into an apartment. got home from work and the whole place smelled horribly like carpet glue fumes. had to open all the windows and turn on all the fans and sit outside in the heat and 70% humidity for 2 hours! not fun!

Oh crikey I think we'd told everyone by the time I was 5 weeks!!!! :wacko: We'd been trying for a year and we just got caught up in the excitement of it all. I've been a nervous wreck ever since though. I sometimes wish we'd kept it a bit quieter. Oh well lol :dohh:
x x

I told my boyfriend, best friend and my mum (telling my mum: "Oh hi mummy, I got some cake would you like some? Oh and my periods late and the pregnancy test is positive. So, erm, Cake?").

My boyfriend told his mum.. She told his brothers and sisters, his cousins, uncles, aunts, neighbours... so basically his whole world knew within about 4 hours, while the rest of my family remain in the dark lol. I suppose I should be cross but I find it too funny :D Thank god they are in a different country!

I'm going to tell a few more and won't deny anything, after the 12 week scan :)

I have told 2 of my sister-in-laws, 1 of my brothers, a couple of my nieces, my best friend, the baby daddy's cousin that lives in my house & the daddy don't believe me, but he's gone anyways. My mom doesn't know yet, she's going on a trip & I figured I wait til she gets back to tell her. Hee,heee

I have a feeling my mom knows. One day she gave me a foot rub. She never does that lol And she'll always ask if I need anything. I think my brother and his girlfriend know too. I swear, I do not know what could be giving it away. My brother said I had that pregnancy face going on. I gave him a weird look walked out and started laughing.

But anyways, we aren't telling anyone just yet. We want our parents to be the first to know and that will be after the firs scan on September 4th. I've been itching to tell EVERYONE!!! lol

My Mum knows....but my OH doesn't know she knows! Hahaha he has sworn me to secrecy but I'm dying to tell everyone! Will let close family and friends in on it once I've had my early scan :)

only me and DH know - we are waiting for 1st scan to tell anyone - including parents - unfortunately due to the NHS beng very crap i only had my booking appointment last week and now I have to wait another 5 weeks for scan to be done - i will be about 17 weeks by the time i tell anyone!!! i dont know how i will hide it that long!!

I told practically everyone at 8 weeks. Now, its more a matter of who haven't I told yet. I'm telling my hockey team at our end of summer BBQ tonight. They're going to have to play without me this winter.

When we get a BFP, we plan on keeping it ourselves until the 1st scan (but I'll probably tell my best friend...I cannot resist that!) then we'll tell the immediate circle of family and friends. After the 1st tri we'll go public. The second my paternal grandfather hears about a pregnancy, he'll demand marriage (fine! We want to anyway!) so this would be fun...

I've told my OH, and both our parents and siblings. Oh and I told one of my best friends. We hadn't seen each other in months and she wanted to know why I was not joining her in a drink - my chessy grin gave it away :D

I've told 3 VERY close friends and OH of course (though he wasn't the first to know :blush:) and everyone on BnB as well of course...

Think my mom knows something is up too though as I found out 3 days before I traveled to visit them for vacation

We told my parents and DH's parents, and DH told all his friends.

I think you might be right about my Mum knowing. I have been thinking the last few times Ive seen her that shes acted a bit strange... maybe she has guessed. Im really in 2 minds about telling her now!!

With my first 3 kids my mom knew before I knew also. And I found out early with each of them! I do think its mother intuition. With this baby she knew I was trying so it was no surprise.

We have told everybody we are expecting, I announced it on facebook when I found out at 9dpo LOL

Wow! Waiting until the 2nd trimester is HARDER than it sounds. I had been ttc for four years so you'd think waiting another couple of weeks would be a walk in the park!! Noooooooooooooo!

I have told OH, his parents, two friends who are doctors and a friend I stayed with for a night (as I had quite bad m/s and he got worried!). We told OH's parents because I thought it was a no go early on (had cramping and spotting) and then of course, had to tell them everything was okay after the scan a week later! They say their fingers and toes have been crossed for so long, they're starting to go crooked!

Just under 2 weeks to go until our 12 week scan now!!!!

Hmmm im showing already so most people close to us know x

I have told my bestest friend, my cousin (who is also pregnant), and my boss. I wanted my boss to know in case anything went wrong so it would be easier for me to explain.
I came close to telling my mum yesterday, but I really want Freya to know first. we've decided not to tell Freya until we're ready for everyone to know - it's just not fair to expect her to keep something like that secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->