Who here has had an ectopic?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
Has anyone here had an ectopic? Looking for support. :(

I'm exactly one week post op from an emergency surgery for an ectopic rupture. I would be 8 weeks today. :( We waited all week to heat news of anything. We went in on that Monday...no sign of a sac except what she said may be a sac, but it's irregular shaped. The next day, Tuesday, I'm sent for a formal scan with radiology. No sign of pregnancy at all. They check my hcg the same day...it was 28,700! Then...no word from them. I contacted them asking for clarification, copies of the scans, etc. Nothing. I go to a baseball game on Thursday (two days later) it was the Dodgers vs Cubs. About 8pm I began to get horrible pains. I called the emts, they took me to their Dr and she thought it was a burst appendix. I'm sent to the ER and I passed out 3x, hit my head once and finally they got an obgyn to come in since my symptoms now all pointed to a ruptured ectopic. And she confirmed it. She confirmed it by finding my baby with a beating heart in my fimbrial end of my tube (in the finger like part closest to the ovary). :cry::cry: I waited all week for them to find the baby, I knew he/she was there! And just as suddenly as they found it...it was all taken away. I needed a blood transfusion during surgery and I'm still anemic and recoverying. :nope: What a nightmare.

Has anyone been through one?

I've had an ectopic, I was 6/7 weeks when my tube ruptured and I had to get emergency surgery to remove it. The whole experience is horrible because you go from being so excited about being pregnant to basically having it ripped away from you. Dealing with the emotional side of that plus the pain of healing after the operation was awful. I felt so down and so low. Everyone deals with things in their own way, I took time to recover and grieve and then I decided it obviously wasn't meant to be. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason and although at the time I couldn't understand what the reason was (and I still don't really), I guess it wasn't the right time. Anyway, that was October/November. I had a chemical pregnancy the end of December and then I got my BFP in March and I'm not nearly 20 weeks with a pregnancy which is going well so far.
Take your time and deal with it how you feel is right. Take care and I'm here if you want to chat

Thanks for responding. <3 It really is a horrible experience. :( Today is the first time in a week that I haven't cried. It's been horrible. And my fear of it happening is awful. My Dr said the risk of it happening again is like 18-30%! But everyone else I've talked to (and read on google) says 10% higher. What did your Dr tell you?

My doctor told me not to bother with any of those numbers, the numbers are quite frightening and I'd just get myself worked up. He just told me to try again when I was ready and they would do an early scan to make sure baby was in the right place, and if not, they'd have caught it early enough to act without having to remove my other tube. So I just took his advice and didn't think about it. I think if I thought about it it might have put me off trying, so I put it to the back of my mind. I was more worried that my chances of conceiving would be lower with one tube but once he explained how the tube moved from side to side, I felt a lot better. I actually conceived this baby from the side with no tube. Please don't focus on the numbers and negatives, stay strong <3

I just dealt with an ectopic as well at almost 6 weeks. Im now just over 2 weeks post op and back to work tomorrow. I was lucky it got caught early enough but it started going through my tube. I would have been 9 weeks today. Its definitely tough.

I just dealt with an ectopic as well at almost 6 weeks. Im now just over 2 weeks post op and back to work tomorrow. I was lucky it got caught early enough but it started going through my tube. I would have been 9 weeks today. Its definitely tough.
I'm sorry you're going through this too. In one more hour, it'll be exactly 2 weeks since I had my surgery. :( Physically I'm feeling a lot better. Emotionally...it's going to take some time. But I'm thinking I'll eventually get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->