who here is having a c section?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lisaandsprog, Apr 23, 2009.

1. lisaandsprog

lisaandsprog Mother of two, nearly 3!

and those of you that are - what are your reasons for doing so? Have u had a natural birth before? My reason for asking is that i have a choice of going with the c section if i want as i had an emergency c section with my son - i did however have a natural birth with my daughter. I have an appointment next week thursday to discuss mode of delivery - ill be nearly 37 weeks - so i really have to make up my mind. I did discuss my reasons for and against having a c section in my previous thread - c section or natural. Just thought id be nosy - it may help me make up my mind! lol!

2. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

If the ECV is unsuccessful tomorrow, then I'll be having a section. Altho I won't really have a choice in the matter.. Baby is extended breech and I don't hold much hope that they can turn her now xx

Sorry, can't really help regarding what I'd choose as this is my first and it's kinda out of my hands

3. Lisalovesbean

Lisalovesbean Well-Known Member

Ist baby was 12 days overdue, lying back to back, 36 hour labour, shoulder became stuck and emergency c-section wa finally done after meconium in my waters....two years later.....

2nd baby was breech, tried ecv to turn baby which failed then advised to have planned c-section by my consultant, had section at 39 weeks...five years later...

3rd time around will be a planned c-section again, hopefully at 38 weeks but this will be discussed at next hospital appointment....I suffer very badly towards the end of pregnancy, virtually unable to walk and in severe pain, also have severely autistic son who's routine I don't wish to mess up too much and as OH will be away at the beginning of new autumn school term for pre-arranged work comittments, I need to be back on my feet to look after my son, daughter and new baby!

4. lisaandsprog

I kno ive had a c section myself so i should kno this, but how long did it take u to recover afterwards?

5. Lisalovesbean

First time was in hospital from monday to saturday, went home and took a couple of weeks before I felt ok but I still went out everyday to get some exercise and air. Second time was in from thursday to monday, but catheter out within 24 hours, walking around same day as c-section but with catheter attached to stand! Totally back to normal within a week!

6. lisaandsprog

im soooooooooo confused!! im pulled in both directions!!!

7. Lisalovesbean

Yep, you are!!!

.....with prams, names and now birth modes!:rofl:

8. lisaandsprog

The joys of being a woman huh? :rofl:

9. lilmomof3

lilmomof3 pregnant with #4

good luck i know its a hard choice hope you make the one that make you comfortble , i am having a c section should be june 3rd i had a emergancy c section with my twin girls at 28weeks 5days i was givin the choice this time to have it our not i chose to have it only because i know there are risk in having a vbac im sure there low but enough to scare me . and when i had my son naturaly i pushed him out so hard litterly im suprised he didnt fall on the floor the doc told me to hold it i coulndt i didnt have any pain meds with his delivery at all and i figure if i chose to go natural with this one i would want the epidural and then its pointless i mise well just have the section if im going to be numb and not feel delivery , i was walking the next day after having the girls i unfortantly sufferd from a terrible epidural migran for a week i couldnt barelly sit up but once they new what it was and i got a blood patch put in my back to stop the leak of fluid my headake was gone right away healing for me was not that bad at all . i hope you can make the right choice that makes you happy hun good luck wish you the best

10. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

Ive had 3 emergency c-sections and got to admit it does get easier with each one. You seem to recover quicker as you know what to expect i would see what your consultant says? You booked at sandwell? Only asking as you dont live that far from me xxx

11. poison9579

poison9579 mum of 4 & 34wks pregnant

hiya i'm on bub no5 and am having an elective section my first baby was an emergancy section because he was breech but found out after that my pelvis was to small to delivery naturally so have had sections with all my babies in a way i feel it was easier because i was more prepared as you no exactly what date your baby will be here. But i feel if the situation was different i would have liked to have experienced natural birth but as you have already had this experience you should just wiegh up the pro's and con's from both your previous births :)

12. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Im having a C section but this is the doctors choice not mine, Im disabled and its too dangerous for me and my little man for me to try naturally, Im having him at 38 weeks, I get the date in 3 weeks. Good luck deciding, take care :hugs: XX