Who is planning on going "all natural" - no meds?

• Thread starter jerseyshoregirl
  • Start date
I have an open birth plan BUT I have said no epi unless my partner requests it on my behalf, I just cant do it, jesus its bringing tears now the thought of a needle in my spine scares the hell out of me and I cannot go through with it I would rather be split from ............ to ............... than have that.

Good luck to all you brave ladies out there. I certainly don't think I can do it without pain relief. And in any case we all get the same prize, a baby!

Having had 2 kids (with epidurals) previously I had booked myself in for a home birth. My first was 17 hours, 2nd was 8 hours so I am hoping that my labour would be quicker and thus easier to tolerate.

But now I've completely chickened out and shall be heading straight for the hospital where the drugs are on tap. I just don't think I'll be able to cope without them. I will try G&A cos I never tried it before but I reckon it'll be the epidural again.

That's if "it" ever happens, I'm starting to think that I've healed so well after my son there's no exit!!

Im planning on a Nautral no Meds birth and hopefully i can sucessfull do it :) lol Im not doing it to impress any one, im doing it cos i want to feel every pain that helped my child enter the world - May sound stupid but thats just the way i see it

BUT! im not ruling everything out, i havent the faintest what its gonna feel like but i really really dont want an epi or pethadine(sp) gas and air would be ok

Good luck to everyone Natural or not :) x

Don't know if this would put some of your minds at ease, but.... I work in a labor ward where the epidural rate is about 95%. Almost all of my patients are so very happy with it.

Im having to have a planned C section due to my disability but If I was allowed a vaginal birth I would go with the flow, I wouldn't rule anything out and If I needed something I would take it. I really hope you all get the birth you wish for, take care :hugs: XX

No other animal experiences normal birth as pain like we do - something to think about?

Rachel x

The scientific answer to that is because we are the only mammals that stand/walk upright therefore have developed a more narrow pelvis than any other mammal. We are also one of the only species to give birth infront of others because of the forementioned narrow pelvis has made birthing for humans so dangerous. An evolutionary (sp?) fault so to speak.

Good luck with you hypnobirth, i hope it goes to plan xx

Im going in with an open mind, Start in Birth pool with G&A but if it hurts too much im getting out and having an Epi lol. The way I see it is why should I be in pain if I dont have to? Im really scared of pain lol.

No other animal experiences normal birth as pain like we do - something to think about?

Rachel x

The scientific answer to that is because we are the only mammals that stand/walk upright therefore have developed a more narrow pelvis than any other mammal. We are also one of the only species to give birth infront of others because of the forementioned narrow pelvis has made birthing for humans so dangerous. An evolutionary (sp?) fault so to speak.

I'm sure my doggy would have accepted an epidural when she had puppies. She was howling the house down!

Rachel x

I'm sure my doggy would have accepted an epidural when she had puppies. She was howling the house down!

My dog cried too as she gave birth to her first puppy. I imagine all mammals (and other animals) find the birthing process painful but just not as bad as us humans. Damn our narrow pelvis lol xx

Don't know if this would put some of your minds at ease, but.... I work in a labor ward where the epidural rate is about 95%. Almost all of my patients are so very happy with it.

I love epi! Had it three times and god I enjoyed everything about labor and birth. No pain, I still felt enough to concentrate on pushing. Also never felt sick or stoned.

I had an epidural with my first and hated it, the not moving, plus it went to one side so I felt it all in my right side, but my left side was dead and my leg kept falling off the bed :rofl: I did end up tearing and needing stitches though.

2nd absolutely nothing, very quick labour and just walked through the pain, it really did work, no tear, and was showered and dressed in clean clothes within the hour.

3rd a paracetamol 12 minutes before she was born as mw didnt believe I was in proper labour.

4th nothing until I needed an emergency c section due to baby's distress was 6/7cm.

I had an epidural with my first and loved it! It didn't leave me feeling weird or anything like that. I really got to enjoy labor and the process. I know everyone has their own reasons, but I will definitely be doing a repeat with the epidural this time : )

I understand some ladies being scared of the needle, but I think when those labor pains are coming strong....that needle doesn't sound so bad!

I would like as natural birth as possible.... but I'm being induced due to the baby having a congenital defect so we'll see how that goes. I know induced labours can be longer, and neither the baby or I are meant to get stressed but I want to avoid a c-section at all costs.

I'm starting off with my TENS, will do gas and air if needs be. I think I have a high pain threshold... I'll report back on that one in 3 weeks ;)

I'm planning for no meds, no tens, hoping for a home birth, active labour and then water birth

I had everything when I had my dd. Tens machine, gas and air, pethadine, epidural and finally a spinal block. I had an open mind ahead of this but the baby was stuck and I was in pain for about 24 hours before being taken to theatre for an emergency c-section but they managed to get her out with ventouse and forceps.

It would be great if you knew in advance how long your labour will last - that way you could work out what meds you could take and at what stage. Sometimes however, things just don't go to plan.

I am always so envious of ladies who manage to do it without any pain relief though.

:hug:

Im going to try it with just the tens machine and gas and air if possible, I dont want any pethedine but am open to an epidural if I really really need one; although needles freak me out too

I am hopefully going to give birth at a birth centre, so will use what they have to offer in the way of aromatherapy, birth pool etc. I am going to make full use of gravity and just hope that I can deal with the pain, aiming for no pain relief including gas and air, but we'll see how it goes. I really have no idea how I cope with that amount of pain, as I don't think I have ever had to! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->