Who is the first person you would tell?

Hopefully my OH - I would *try* to hold off testing until he was on his way home, or home already. Otherwise I know I would end up telling someone else :blush:

I would try not to tell anyone else until 12w; I'm apparently higher risk of miscarriage because I have a hormone imbalance, so wouldn't want to jinx it by telling everyone on Facebook etc etc. I know I would tell my best friend after my OH then probably post a ticker on here after that...:haha: I have decided not to tell either parents until I have had the first scan - that way it's more special for me and OH to have the secret to ourselves for a while :flower:

Hopefully my OH, then I would ring my best friend straight away as I know I won't be able to stop myself. :D I'd wait before telling other people though.

It would be my husband and daughter for sure. After that, my best friend who is the only person who knows we are trying.

Hopefully my OH - I would *try* to hold off testing until he was on his way home, or home already. Otherwise I know I would end up telling someone else :blush:

I would try not to tell anyone else until 12w; I'm apparently higher risk of miscarriage because I have a hormone imbalance, so wouldn't want to jinx it by telling everyone on Facebook etc etc. I know I would tell my best friend after my OH then probably post a ticker on here after that...:haha: I have decided not to tell either parents until I have had the first scan - that way it's more special for me and OH to have the secret to ourselves for a while :flower:

I agree.. My doctor also thinks I have hormonal imbalance so I'm being tested for it now. I'd obv tell my OH first and we both agree that we should wait until the first scan to tell anyont.

:)

I agree.. My doctor also thinks I have hormonal imbalance so I'm being tested for it now. I'd obv tell my OH first and we both agree that we should wait until the first scan to tell anyont.

Hi Jem :howdy: do you have irregular cycles? If so, charting has really helped me keep track of when AF is due etc. I was back and forth to several GPs for a good 8 years before they sent me for tests. I have an LH/FSH imbalance which gives me very long cycles, and my luteal phase varies a lot too (between 10 and 16 days) so if I don't sustain a pregnancy in the next year then I have to go for more tests. Hope you get sorted soon :flower:

I debated on whether to tell my mum or not, but tbh her attitude towards me having a baby isn't great anyway (she isn't against it but isn't happy either) so we have decided to keep it secret until the 12w scan. And my best friend is on bnb, and has my fertility friend chart bookmarked, so there would be no hiding it from her, even if I didn't want her to know :blush:

If I just thought I was PG then I would keep it to myself until after I tested. Then once I tested and it was positive I would tell DH and then we would blab to our folks because that is what we have done with both our boys.

if i think im pregnant i talk about it on here :haha: so i guess my SIL would be the first to know as shes also a bnb member and likes stalking me! :wave: hi lou if your reading this :haha:
but if i knew i was pregnant since loosing sonnie i would keep it to myself, not on here not to DH not to my mum, no one until the 12 week scan, i think then i could actually sit down and believe it and feel more relaxed about it all, i have a habit of keeping things close to me until i know things are ok so with having had a loss at 17 weeks its freaked me out a bit so for me to feel relaxed about telling people i would want to know things were ok first before saying anything. i also think it would be a lovely suprise coming home from the scan with little beans piccy in a card saying hi daddy! to give to DH. xx

The first time I was preggers I told my mum first lol burst into tears lol second time I was ill in hospital and they done the normal poas test and my mum was there when she told me lol but then when I done the home poas test a few days later my oh was there lol but next time I think it will deffo be my dh lol as with our first 2 as u just read he was 2nd to know lol but then again that depends if I tell our 1 year old first lol as I know she wouldn't tell him lol teehee =D x

if i think im pregnant i talk about it on here :haha: so i guess my SIL would be the first to know as shes also a bnb member and likes stalking me! :wave: hi lou if your reading this :haha:
but if i knew i was pregnant since loosing sonnie i would keep it to myself, not on here not to DH not to my mum, no one until the 12 week scan, i think then i could actually sit down and believe it and feel more relaxed about it all, i have a habit of keeping things close to me until i know things are ok so with having had a loss at 17 weeks its freaked me out a bit so for me to feel relaxed about telling people i would want to know things were ok first before saying anything. i also think it would be a lovely suprise coming home from the scan with little beans piccy in a card saying hi daddy! to give to DH. xx

lol i dont STALK YOU just read all your posts hehehe like to know what your doing xx back to topic if i thought i was preggers again i think i would tell DH first although he would probably kill me as he doesnt want any more although he doesnt like to wear protection and would rather use pull out method x

I think second time round I'll tell my partner first and I'd like us to do a test together. Sod it we'll bring Tabs in and do it as a family. We lived with my Mum until the end of my first pregnancy though and she would have noticed if the tampax stash didn't deplete one month anyway :haha:

Lou, my partner was exactly the same and eventually said no more babies for at least FIVE years then... until our daughter started smiling at him. And here we are five MONTHS later... :flower:

Hi Jem :howdy: do you have irregular cycles? If so, charting has really helped me keep track of when AF is due etc. I was back and forth to several GPs for a good 8 years before they sent me for tests. I have an LH/FSH imbalance which gives me very long cycles, and my luteal phase varies a lot too (between 10 and 16 days) so if I don't sustain a pregnancy in the next year then I have to go for more tests. Hope you get sorted soon :flower:

I debated on whether to tell my mum or not, but tbh her attitude towards me having a baby isn't great anyway (she isn't against it but isn't happy either) so we have decided to keep it secret until the 12w scan. And my best friend is on bnb, and has my fertility friend chart bookmarked, so there would be no hiding it from her, even if I didn't want her to know :blush:

I still need tests and the like, but I'm 22, have had my periods since I was 12, and they have always been at least every other month if not more, so I'm having a rough bit of it too.

Oh Rin, that sounds like me...I started when I was 12 and have been irregular ever since (I am 23). The only time I was regular was when I was on the pill, and it totally wasn't worth it for all the side effects! I came off BCP in 2009 and so far there is no improvement in my cycles. *sigh*

after i have told my OH and close family i would tell a friend i recently fell out with. i still love her dearly as much as we are not talking.

My husband would be the first and only person I would tell, he knows I'm useless at keeping secrets from him.

Rin and Bebedee, big hugs to you both. I also have messed up cycles since coming off the Pill nearly 6 months ago and after researching it I suspect I may have PCOS. Off to the docs for 21 day progesterone bloods on 9th Feb & then maybe referred for a scan to see if I have cysts. This TTC journey really is way harder than I thought it would be.

xxx

I wouldn't tell anyone if I just thought I was pregnant, other than probably talking about it here! Especially f I hadn't missed AF yet.

OH is probably the 1st person I'd tell if I was pregnant (if he wasn't home and didn't know I was testing already). I say probably, because if he was at work, I'd likely e-mail a long-distance friend of mine 1st, to make waiting to tell OH easier.

Everyone else, I think we'd wait for the 2nd trimester.

i hope i could tell hubby first....but i have a big problem keeping my fat mouth shut, LOL! so probably whoever i saw first after the test! lol. but if i just THOUGHT it, dh. hear hears "what if?" every month, lol.

"I wouldn't tell anyone if I just thought I was pregnant, other than probably talking about it here!" Me too,if it's only a thought I'd be looking for answers or thoughts anonymously from others online.

If & when I get my bfp I'll be super happy,excited,etc.I'll tell my dh first I think he should know first since it's half his & we're in this together. I'll TRY to keep it a secret from everyone else until the first scan if I can contain myself.

I will tell OH first (although I suspect he'll be there whenever I test!) - then we'll tell our parents. Personally I would have preferred to wait a little while before telling them - but my mum's a midwife and she would hate to find out through the grapevine. We'd feel bad only telling my parents so then his will have to know at the same time...

After that, it's my best friends, uni (providing that I fall pregnant before the end of my course - hopefully!! - as I'll need risk assessments done for placements) and then we'll wait to tell more people until after the 12 wk scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->