Who knows you're ttc?

bonniebeams

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many of you ladies tell friends or family that you're "trying"? I'm never really sure who to tell or if I want to tell anyone because then they're expecting something to happen soon.

When my brother and sister-in-law started they made like a big announcement to everyone. I don't feel so comfortable doing that.

Anyone else?

Just my close friends and family know...and I've only said something when it's come up. Some of my friends went through a long time ttc so I feel more comfortable talking with them and getting advice. I wouldn't feel comfortable making a big announcement either.

I think everyone and every situation is different....we told my parents/inlaws/and our sisters about three months into ttc.... now that we are going onto year 2... we have told most of our extended families... I have found that some people who you wouldnt think would be are very supportive, while you think others would be supportive, they are not... (if that makes since)

Yeah that makes sense. It can feel so alone waiting and trying and wishing and hoping. It feels good to say it out loud sometimes to people who know you. I can't imagine keeping it a secret from EVERYONE!

Two of my sisters in law (ones a midwife and the other has 5 children) saw the folic acid in our bedroom. I didn't realise they were coming over when we were out during our wedding planning. They saw it, I could have lied and said I had low levels of folate (which I have had in the past and been on a script for it) but I just said there was nothing to report yet.

Some of my other friends know. Mainly because they've told me they're trying or our husbands are away together in a country with zika. They wanted to know why I was freaking out about that so I just said.

I don't think it's a secret. If anyone asked I would say. My DH and I both love children, I'm a teacher and we've both grown up with lots of children around and often step in to help when we can.

Each to their own though.

We want to keep it mostly to ourselves. The only ones who know we are trying is our best friends ( god mom and god dad to our DD already) and my MIL because she is my doula. Everyone else in my family thinks we are one and done because of how my birth went with my daughter. Even when we do get pregnant with our next we won't be telling anyone until we are showing.

Three of my best friends and my parents (my step dad is an obgyn).

We didn't tell anyone initially and we've now just had a chemical which I've shared the news with close family members and work. Haven't officially told them we'll try again soon but I figure it will be obvious so they'll be watching me closely now!!

With DS, it was only my best friend. This time around though we haven't been as secretative with it. Not really anyone we have said "trying this date" but most people know we want the kids about 3 years apart so they can do the math :)

I told my mom and MIL. Partially this was for discussing child care.

This will be the first grandchild for both of them, too. And possibly the only for my mom. My brother's girlfriend is 43-44 (I don't actually know when her birthday is and he told me she was 43 some time last year) and he isn't planning on proposing until next year, and I know they feel marriage before children is important. I hope they get lucky, but I won't be surprised if I become an aunt through adoption. :(

I also told my friend who is also trying, because we can share experiences.

No one knew we were trying, my sister does now when I had to get her to take me to hospital for my d&c. plus my 2 best friends and a few close work friends know, my family dont know. I doubt they would be that sympathetic about what Ive been through and that I was mad having any more this will be my 4th but my ss lives with us too. however I made it clear to my mum and my other sister that Im not done. My over bearing mother in law said I am not having any more haha we shall see lady!!! :haha:

A couple friends and a few work friends. None of our family know about my mc last year or this recent chemical.

I've told my 3 best girlfriends and two of my cousins who are TTC as well. I have not told my mother or MIL because I do not want them worrying (as my last labor was u expected at 23 weeks) and I don't want them asking a ton of questions and constantly asking if I'm pregnant.

We are ttc #2 and my 3 closest friends and my mum know (I told her in Nov when she was visiting but we haven't mentioned it since - she lives out the country and we don't really discuss things like this, she hasn't asked me how things are and I haven't raised it - wow that makes me sad). I also said to one person at work who asked - not sure what made me confide as shes young and single but I used to work really closely with her. My dd is 4 and people do ask frequently and I still find it awkward as we've been ttc 10 months now (off birth control for nearly 12). Oh sister also knows as he told her. Hopefully it will happen soon.

I'm just wondering how many of you ladies tell friends or family that you're "trying"? I'm never really sure who to tell or if I want to tell anyone because then they're expecting something to happen soon.

When my brother and sister-in-law started they made like a big announcement to everyone. I don't feel so comfortable doing that.

Anyone else?

I always feel odd telling a bunch of people we're trying because then everyone knows we're having sex. LOL ;)
I told my best friend and my sister in law but that was because she's also actively trying to get pregnant and it's nice to have a travel buddy ha ha ha .

We weren't going to tell anyone but then we got pregnant and told our parents only to MC shortly after. So now our parents and my manager know we're trying.

I regret telling anyone. My mil askes embarrassing questions every time I see her and my friends constantly bug me about it. "Are you pregnant yet?" Yes they are all trying to be supportive but I didn't think far enough ahead... I don't want to make a pregnancy announcement right away and I wish they'd all just quit asking. We've been together a long time though so pretty much everyone figured we'd never get to it... But think about it before you say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->