Who knows you're ttc?

Initially we told only my best friend - I'd stopped drinking around o time and just couldn't lie to her. But unfortunately I've just had a MMC, we told our parents and my brother so they all know now. Not sure how I feel about them knowing. I'm hoping because of the MMC that it'll stop the 'when are you going to have a baby' questioning! But who knows, it could make them worse!

I recommend that you seriously consider who you tell. DH and I told everyone pretty much and it's first 2 years later after IVF #2 that I'm pregnant (am 9w5d so FXed it's really my sticky!). Once it started taking longer than expected, we heard the "Just relax and it'll happen" comment countless times from my fertile MIL which got annoying and upsetting really fast. One of DH's friend's girlfriend (that had an easy time conceiving her 2 kids in a previous relationship) got insistent that our issue must be me not Oing although my RE had ruled that option out and diagnosed us unexplained. The girlfriend was insistent though that since her 2 friends had this issue, it must be the same for me. Got super upset and had to change the subject. Also had issue with my toxic relatives making my infertility about them. You also risk people asking you every month if you're pregnant yet and if it takes a while, that can get annoying really quickly, not to mention hurtful:nope:

So yeah, think carefully who to tell because if you end up taking longer than expected, not only will you be potentially going through infertility but hearing people's stupid comments and advice at the same time which just makes things so much worse:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->