Who should pay - landlord or Me?

Dionne

Reaction score
I went in to wake Dior up this morning for nursery but her door was jammed, i was turning the handle but it was not opening the handle seemed loose and was not moving the inside bit, if you know what i mean,
By this time Dior was up i had been trying for about 15mins so OH had a go, nothing wouldnt budge Diors window was shut else i would have went up ladders and she was screaming, after about 25mins i decided we had to break the door i couldnt phone for some one she was stuck in there and im mega late for work, so OH had to break the door, it split straight down the side.

they are pricey doors its a brandnew house they are big thick white doors,

now - who should pay, us or the landlord?

it will cost a bit for a new door then the price of someone to hang it????

i have not mentioned it to the landlord i hate to bother landlords. is it my responsiblity?

I think if you broke the door then yes you would have to pay for it, but since it was because the door was stuck then you might not.

Best thing to do is just tell him what happened and see what he says

i have broke a few things light switch and other little things any thing i break i fix or replace but seems the dorr that is his lol got stuck what else could i do?
i feel bad asking him but i realy dont want to pay for it

Ring him Dionne to me he should pay for it - its his fittings and doors and you could not leave you lil one in there work or no work in distress.

I think he should to be honest as it was a problem with the door, u just didnt break it for nothing. Poor Dior.

If ur in any doubt contact CAB. I wouldnt be paying for it, faulty door!x

I'd ring him and tell him what happened, not sure where you stand TBH maybe go 1/2s on it, but as the door was faulty he should fix it

i would personal say u but however the door was not working so if u meneton it ti his kandlord and if he did not fix it i would ask him if he fixed u wrk of nt ve to do that

Would it not be covered by his insurance?

i have no idea?
i know the house is covered for 3yrs with main big problems because its a newbuild house, just not sure if something like a door would be covered.
and seems the door has been fone for a yr, was it faulty?

i know im sad but i reallly hate calling him lol
and his english is TERRIBLE

In normal curcumstances i would sat you ... BUT because it was a fixture and fitting that was faulty would say he was liable ...
If it was purposly broke through you gus not being careful / pissed up or whatever then he would prob have a fit but f you explain the door was jammed and Dior was in a state any reasonable LL would cover the cost.

xxx

the door was broke before u broke it down and it put your daughter at risk, landlords responcibility

I agree with Mynxie, the door was already broke.

Poor Dior, that must have been really scary for her.:hugs:

If the door itself was stuck, I'd say it's because it's a new home and it's settling...happend to two of ours upstairs. But, if it's the door knob..you'll probably have to pay for it. It sucks I know. Quick story if you don't mind. One of my girlfriends just visited from Louisiana. She was so pissed off...there was a fire in her complex and the fire dept broke down the wrong door..hers. LOL They refused to pay for it, landlord also refused. That really sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->